Know about this? Rate It!
Expensive Day out at Port Adelaide
Visited Port Adelaide Markets and Maritime Museum, returned to car 5 minutes after parking ticket expired to find an EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLAR FINE stuck to windscreen by some "attendant" who had quickly scuttled out of sight. Not a very welcoming experience; clearly more of a tourist trap than tourist attraction. Will spend my time and money at a venue that has a less predatory approach to visitors. Avoid
- School Holidays
- Museum Visits
- Family Travel
Walk on the beach to see kite surfers
The wide quiet beach at Larg's Bay is a wonderful place to take time out to relax, acomodation at the Larg's Pier Hotel is right on the esplanade. opposite the jetty. originaly the railway spur carried freight right out to the end. to be loaded on windjammers bound for Europe.
- Family Travel
Sea kayaing around the mangroves
There are a couple of Sea Kayak tour companies (found in the Yellow Pages) that offer guided tours in and around the extensive mangrove coastline only 30 minutes from the city. If you're lucky, you may even see the famous wild Port River Dolphins at sunrise or sunset. I spend alot of time in my kayak around these parts, launching from either Port Adelaide or St Kilda. Contact me via email if you'd like more information.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Adelaide Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Vickers Hot Springs Hotels
- Jelapang Hotels
- Delray Beach Hotels
- Whitemarsh Island Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path