Arab Steed Hotel, Adelaide

• The Arab Steed Hotel, Hutt at Gilles Streets, Adel
    The Arab Steed Hotel, Hutt at Gilles...
    by 850prc
  • 850prc's Profile Photo

The Arab Steed Hotel Restaurant: Simple, tasty fare. Friendly local service.

by 850prc Updated Feb 16, 2007

The Arab Steed Hotel, Hutt at Gilles Streets, Adel

We ate at the Steed our first night in Adelaide. Having arrived late, and the weather being dreadful, we didn't wish to wander far from our Florence's Cottage accomodation. At the corner of Hutt and Gilles street, we found the simple and homey Arab Steed restaurant and pub. Starting our meal off with a cold brew or two got the cold rain out of our bones and warmed us to the hospitality of Adelaide.

The Steed had lots of pub food items on the menu. For me, the thing that caught my eye were several "schnitzels". For some reason, I was in the mood for a crisply-breaded and sizzling veal schnitzel....with the accompanying lemon slice. Add the roasted potatoes and another beer, along with a nice salad, and bingo.... a good meal. And, the cost was so very reasonable, too.

Favorite Dish: As I say, I went "schnitzel" that evening. My wife had a ravioli dish which she said was good as well.

The proprietor of the Steed is SHAYNE WHITE. His email addy is shayne@arabsteedhotel.com.au, and his mobile phone number is 08) 0419 032 513

Instant Answers: Adelaide

Comments

Hotels Near Arab Steed Hotel
2.0 out of 5 stars