Combined Suggestions, Adelaide

by Cabernetman
  • Combined Suggestions
    by Sweetberry1
  • Cabernetman's Profile Photo

Magill Estate Restarant / Red Orche Restaurant: You can sample the famous Grange here

by Cabernetman Updated Oct 20, 2003

OK so I have named 2 restaurants here. One is the Magill estate restaurant, behind me when I photographed this Grange cottage (with Grange wine label inset). Don't let the plain looking backyard label fool you. This is one arguably the best shiraz. The other is the Red Orche (not pictured) by the River Torrens with city skyline to match. This is where I drank my first aged properly Grange (28 years old) and nothing else even comes close. This is where I had Kangaroo for dinner. I have had kangaroo before and found the meat a bit gamey and tough, but this restaurant really prepared this meat beautifully and was far from tough. It was a BYO and the waiting staff was friendly, well versed in wines and most impressively, made the effort to decant the wine we brought.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Sarah's Cafe---- Star of...

by Sweetberry1 Written Aug 25, 2002

Sarah's Cafe---- Star of Siam---- Jasmine----
    Hilton International Hotel... This Malaysian born genius Chef has been credited as the Father of east-west fusion cuisine in Australia.
    You can expect to find dishes like Deer Pe*is.
    Cheong Liew is the man that will make it memorable.

Favorite Dish: Sarah’s... Aubergine Provencal, crepes filled with mushrooms and cheese in a Dijon mustard sauce and a potato croquette with a mild chilli sauce.----

Star of Siam... A delicious assortment of Asian Cuisine, all were favorites here ----

Jasmine.... Couldn't go past the Beef or Chicken Curries----
    Hilton I.H.... The Deer Pe*is was delicious, please don't ask what it was, I was afraid to ask.. :-))

Instant Answers: Adelaide