Barossa Off The Beaten Path

• Off The Beaten Path
    by Cabernetman

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Barossa

• alisonr's Profile Photo

Norm's Coolies - What are they??

by alisonr Written Jan 13, 2005

When you are driving along the road in/around Tanunda and you see the sign that says "Norms Coolies" and you wonder, what the hell is that?
    Well they are dogs!
    Norm Keast has developed his own breed of dogs, sort of sheepdogs but brown and white instead of black and white. He has a farm where he breeds them and does performances for the public. When we called in, we had missed the show, but luckily Norm was still around, the Today Show from Sydney was there filming an article, and we spoke to Norm, played with a puppy and patted the dogs. He is a really lovely man, very proud of his dogs and will welcome you.
    Performance times are Monday Wed and Saturday at 2pm.

• Cabernetman's Profile Photo

Exquisite interiors of Peter Lehmann

by Cabernetman Updated Oct 10, 2003

The first thing that struck me when I entered this place was the artwork. I instantly recognised them from their bottles. You are not obliged to buy any wines. A business conference subsequent to this trip reigned in my buying impulse. Not wanting to be encumbered, it was painful resisting some of the fine wines I had just tasted available only on cellar door sales. Picture was taken handheld without flash using my trusty old Canon Ixus Elph S330.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Barossa

Comments

Barossa Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Barossa off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Barossa sightseeing.