Beachport Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Beachport

• balhannah's Profile Photo

BLOWHOLES

by balhannah Updated Sep 17, 2012

On our Bowman scenic drive, we stopped at certain lookout points on the way. At one, I was walking along the top of the smallish cliffs, when I stumbled across a Blowhole. What a shock it was, as if I had been looking out to sea and not looking where I was walking, I would have had a nasty accident. I think there should be a warning sign saying that it is there. When it isn't erupting, you have no idea that you are about to walk over a Blowhole!

The Blowhole
    • Hiking and Walking

• balhannah's Profile Photo

WATCH OUT FOR WOMBATS!

by balhannah Written Sep 16, 2012

Travelling to Beachport, we saw the road sign warning or Wombats in the area. We were in daylight hours, so not really a problem, as all wombats are basically nocturnal, but during cooler times can be seen early morning or late afternoon. Wombats being herbivorous eat mainly grass, but also eat other plant material such as shrubs, roots, barks and moss, spending many hours each night browsing for food in its home range.

This is when you may see one on the road or beside it, for the water run-off from the bitumen keeps the roadside grass lush and green. Wombats are endangered, so we don't want to kill another one, and hitting a 25+kg wombat, just may leave a dent in your car!

Beware - Wombats!

Instant Answers: Beachport

Comments

Beachport Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Beachport warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Beachport sightseeing.