Adelaide to Hahndorf by bus
I caught the bus from Adelaide to Hahndorf during my visit to the city in April 2006. The following information was correct at the time of my visit:
- There are around 7 morning buses and 15 afternoon/evening buses from Adelaide to Hahndorf each day. The first one leaves Adelaide at circa 07:30 and the last one leaves at 22:30;
- There are around a dozen morning buses and 10 afternoon/evening buses from Hahndorf to Adelaide each day. The first one leaves Hahndorf at 06:51 and the last one leaves at 21:10;
- I caught bus #164F. Other buses that operate this route are 165M, 840F, 843F, 840X and 841F. See the link to the timetable below for more details;
- The bus can be caught at Adelaide bus terminal (Franklin Street) / Adelaide TAFE / Grenfell Street;
- The route is as follows:
Adelaide bus terminal - Adelaide TAFE - Grenfell Street - Glen Osmond - Crafers Park 'n' Ride - Stirling - Aldgate Depot - Bridgewater (Post Office) - Hahndorf (Old Mill) - Mount Barker;
- A one way ticket costs 2.10 AUD;
- The journey takes approximately 50 minutes.
The excellent Adelaide Metro website provides online timetables and information. Details of buses between Adelaide and Hahndorf can be found HERE.
BUSSES TO HAHNDORF
Busses to Hahndorf run regularly from Adelaid city centre also can be caught from many different locations..Trip takes about twenty minutes. for more information on current routes and timetables:
see www.adelaide metro.com.au
- Road Trip
- Budget Travel
There is limited parking!
When you get to the town, the first thing you will notice, if you are in a car, is the lack of parking. There is no big car park. Everyone seems to want to park on the main street, and it can get quite congested with people walking all over the road, seemingly unaware of cars!
My tip is to pull off into a side street and park there, and walk. It is not far at all.
It really is no big deal, just making you all aware of it.
- Family Travel