Windbreakers are a must
Luggage and bags: If you bring your own car over on the ferry, you can bring anything you want.
If you are walking bring something easy to carry on and off the boat.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Wind breaker by kyoub
It is very windy out on the island so you will need a wind breaker. It may not be as warm as you expect either. I needed sweaters instead of light weight clothing when I was there. Be sure to check the temperature and take in the fact that the wind makes it seem colder than it sounds.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Most supplies are available in Penneshaw
Photo Equipment: Take a lot of film or a very large memory stick.
You will want many pictures of this island.
Miscellaneous: You can find wine of every age and color. From cheap to very expensive.
There was only one place to get on the internet and that was in Penneshaw.
- Road Trip
Warm clothing is a must, even in summer!
Luggage and bags: If you are bush camping, you don't want a suitcase at all. Put everything you need in a pack or a small duffle.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: 1) You might like a rain slicker. It rained a lot while I was there.
2) Not many changes of clothes, except, of course, clean undies and socks. You'll need one/two pair of long pants and one/two pair of shorts depending on the length of your stay.
3) Hiking boots.
4) Most importantly, bring warm clothing to layer. In the photo--click to see the full-body view--I am wearing about four layers of stuff over my upper body (and I slept wearing most of it, too). Even in summer K.I. can be quite chilly and very windy.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: • Waterless hand washing gel
• Extra mini-packs of facial tissue (to use at the outdoor commode)
• After-bite stick (or just plain amonia) for insect bites
Photo Equipment: Lots of memory chips and batteries. You may not have outlets to recharge dead batteries.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you have your own sleeping bag, by all means bring it. I rented mine, but the zip was broken (maybe that's why I was so cold at night), and the stuffing was lumpy.
Miscellaneous: Chocolate, raisins, sunflower seeds or other non-crushable munchies.
Buy beer as soon as you get to the island and carry it all around in the truck with you. You never know when thirst will strike!
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.