Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge: - reasonable prices in The Tavern

by sirgaw Written May 16, 2014

I should say at the outset that we did not stay at the iconic Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge, but did have an evening meal including dessert in The Tavern where I should say prices are reasonable and serving sizes are large.

With a screen name of Sir Gaw I just had to have the Tavern’s version of bangers (sausages) and mash. Lady Gaw went for Thai curry and she told me it had a real kick. Dessert – cheese and crackers for his lordship while the lady had banana and walnut cake and guaranteed to add kilos to the waist line – perhaps that’s why visitors are encouraged to walk the trails – LOL The Tavern was noisy with a very cheerful wood fire and I thought drinks were a tad expensive. There was a trainee behind the bar who needed a lot of teaching – including English language skills - before she should be let loose on the public.

After we ate we explored some of the public areas including the very well equipped lounge with plenty to keep guests occupied. I had to drag Lady Gaw away from the expensive nick-knacks for sale in the reception area.

Full rate for accommodation is shown from $420 to $870 per night and well outside the budget for now retired and on a pension Sir and Lady Gaw – sigh.

• Luxury Travel

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Lake St. Clair Visitor's Centre Cafe: Lakeside Lunches...

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

During our trek from Strahan to Port Arthur, we were excited to stop in at Lake St. Clair (mainly because it was our first bio break), but were happy to see a nice little cafe for coffee. It appears that in the summer time this is a little more travelled and probably serves the summer campers, which seemed to be non-existant when we arrived!

The coffee was good, and it looks like the menu was pretty full.... so stop in and try a bite if you are in Lake St. Clair!

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Tavern Bar & Bistro: Cradle Mountain Lodge: Tavern Bar & Bistro

by xuessium Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have all my meals here (simply because the price of meals at the restaurant is through the roof). I think by my last dinner here on the 2nd night, I have tried everything they could offer on their menu! However, to their credit, the meals are delicious and plentiful.

The ambience of the place was toxicating. You dine in a rustic wooden cabin, at its most minimal, cosy and comforting with a roaring log fire. If it was snowing outside, I think it would be just about right qualified as the image in my head of a world softly blanketed in snow.

Really really wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish: My lady mates fell over heads and heels over their pumpkin soup...if they still serve it.

• Spa and Resort
    • School Holidays
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park

Comments

Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park sightseeing.

View all Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park hotels