Freycinet National Park Warnings and Dangers

• WINEGLASS BAY AS SEEN FROM THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN
    WINEGLASS BAY AS SEEN FROM THE TOP OF...
    by DennyP
    ANOTHER VIEW FROM THE TOP..
    by DennyP
    Fire destroys but life heals.
    by seamandrew

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Freycinet National Park

• DennyP's Profile Photo

CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN!! SIGN THE BOOK.

by DennyP Updated Nov 29, 2011

WINEGLASS BAY AS SEEN FROM THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK
    I arrived at Freycinet mid afternoon and really did'nt think of the time that it would take to climb to the top of the mountain and spend time there and then return.!! Silly me.
    Before heading out to begin climbing the mountain there is a small stall where ALL climbers must "sign on" in the "Hikers Book" that is located there.This is so the local Park Rangers will know if any one goes missing ..as when you return you "sign off" beside your name in the book..This is a "tried and true way "of keeping track of visitors to this beautiful Park.This is really a true wilderness area.
    I found myself in a rather harrowing position as I had spent a little too much time enjoying the superb scenery at the top of the mountain and wondered why I had it all to myself.!!!!..HELLO!!! Darkness was falling quickly and I was still a long way from the bottom of the mountain ...my descent was a lot faster than my ascent that's for sure.I certainly had put myself in harms way. I must say at one stage I was really worried finding my way quickly in the dark on such an uneven track..
    This was a real wake up call for me.. so, PLEASE make sure that you leave yourself PLENTY of time to get to the bottom of the mountain..

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Do your part to protect the park

by seamandrew Written Aug 8, 2004

Fire destroys but life heals.

As is the case with most forests, fire can lay waste to some of the world's most beautiful and cherished lands. In Australia, the climate is arid in many places and as such, one should take extra precautions to avoid lighting any matches or incendiary devices. It would also be wise to ensure no propellents like paper, gear lubricants, aerosal spray cans and such are left behind either. Take all trash with you and you will certainly do your part.

The great thing is that even though Freycinet National Park was also a vicitim of fire, nature fights back and much of the forest is alive again.

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Freycinet National Park

Comments

Freycinet National Park Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Freycinet National Park warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Freycinet National Park sightseeing.

View all Freycinet National Park hotels