Port Arthur Restaurants

The Mussel Boys
    by Wisxox

Most Recent Restaurants in Port Arthur

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

The Mussel Boys: I Didn't See Any Mussels! :)

by saraheg77 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Mussel Boys!

After our day at the Port Arthur Historic Site, we were staying at the Comfort Inn right near it - there didn't seem to be many restaurants around, but I remembered passing a place not long before we got there that looked quite nice. I think I found it appealing partly because my favourite color is yellow and it was a lovely yellow house! Just about 10 minutes back up the Arthur Highway from Port Arthur, you will find The Mussel Boys in Taranna, Tasmania.

We quite enjoyed our meal there. I think mains were about $15-$25 with lots of fun choices. My brother also had his basic fish and chips that was very good.

It's a great stop if you need a nice meal on your way in or out of Port Arthur. It is open every day from 10am and serves brunch, lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had the chorizo sausage risotto and it was quite yummy - my sister-in-law's pumpkin ravioli was also quite tasty! I always enjoy risotto, so I went for it and wasn't disappointed. There were only a few pieces of sausage along with some pumpkin and other tasty veggies.

• Wisxox's Profile Photo

THE MUSSEL BOYS: Seafood with the Convicts

by Wisxox Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Mussel Boys

After a long day of touring the Prison system in Port Arthur a good meal is needed. After looking in town not much was there. We decided to drive north that evening and in only a few minutes found this gem. A very down to earth, friendly place, with some ambiance. We found this resturaunt to be just what we needed.

Favorite Dish: I had the fish and chips here. It was pretty good, but my wifes pumpkin soup was better. I also had the breakfast tea and it was delicious.

Instant Answers: Port Arthur

Comments

Port Arthur Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Port Arthur restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Arthur sightseeing.