Bendigo Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Bendigo

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

BEECHWORTH BAKERY: TRY THE PIES

by aussiejen Written Apr 16, 2006

The original Beechworth Bakery is still in Beechworth but other outlets have now opened in other Victorian towns.

This one in Bendigo is easy to find, it is on High St as you drive into Bendigo from Melbourne.

It is open from 6am to 6pm, 7 days a week. Dine in or takeaway. Indoor or outdoor seating.

A large range of pies, sandwiches, foccacias, pastries and cakes are very tempting.

Favorite Dish: Make sure you try the pies!!

We had the Ned Kelly pie...it was superb. Mince beef topped with egg, cheese and bacon.

Lots of other varieties are available, including chicken and leek, or maybe you fancy a potato topped one.

Lots of cakes to choose from. I had a lemon tart that was very nice. Tony had a "death by chocolate" slice.......VERY rich!

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

GPO: Cool place to hang out...

by lesaandbill Written Jan 20, 2006

I was surprised to find such a cool spot to hang out in the middle of central victoria, but GPO was impressive. There was outdoor, cafe style seating in the front...and a huge terrace in the back along with comfy seating and a suave atmosphere.

If you want a typical small town aussie cafe...this one isn't it...but it's definitely a great place to hang out for a great dinner and drinks.

Favorite Dish: The food was great...we tried the pizzas (flat breads)...and the prawn, chilli and cheese was the pick.

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Rifle Brigade Pub: A Great Aussie Pub

by OnTheRoadGoombah Updated Sep 22, 2007

After reading reviews for the Rifle Brigade, we opted for it as our only meal in Bendigo. We were not disappointed! The food was great, service awesome, and atmosphere near perfection. The portions were large, and the only issue I had was that it didn't leave room for dessert. I opted for the Beef and Guiness Pie and my colleague had the kangaroo. Both were delicious.

Favorite Dish: I think I would like to try the steak next time. The portions and cuts I saw delivered to tables around us were mouthwatering.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beer Tasting

• Piyawat Thai: Great Thai!

by Mizzamzz Written Mar 5, 2007

One of my top 2 Favourite Thai Restaurants. Can sometimes be slightly oily but other than that I have no complaints.
    The atmosphere of the restaurant is very quiet and romantic too but can also cater for large groups.
    You can dine in or take away.

Favorite Dish: Satay Seafood with Coconut Rice. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm - I'm getting hungry just thinking of it. :)

• Business Travel

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Emeu Inn: You won't believe the food!

by lesaandbill Written Aug 16, 2006

One of my favorite things about Australia...is that you don't have to be in the big cities to get great food. This is definitely a gem! The food and wine were unbelievable...and would certainly recommend stopping here for lunch or dinner. The place is small, but cozy..and the service was excellent.

Definitely worth a stop!

Favorite Dish: Try the local bush tomato soup...it's a spicy taste...and completely different than regular tomato soup. Also..this is a great place to taste the local wines. They have a wine tasting area in the front of the cafe.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Bendigo

Comments

Bendigo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bendigo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bendigo sightseeing.