Know about this? Rate It!
Werribee Park Mansion
Werribee Park Mansion - is the state's largest private residence, it was built between 1874 and 1877 by two of Victoria's most substantial landholders - Thomas and Andrew Chirnside.
A vehicle departs the Gate Lodge every 30 minutes from 11.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. for an audio tour of the property. You can stop at 5 different points in the park and take more time to look around the gardens and then pick up the tour again.
Werribee is an Open Range Zoo where animals from the grasslands of Australia, Africa and Asia live in conditions as close as possible to their natural habitats. Just north of Geelong, this zoo has grown from an agistment property for Melbourne Zoo into an open range zoo of international standing which provides a truly unique wildlife experience.
The zoo was developed around the picturesque Werribee River on a 200 hectare property. You can take a 50 minute guided Wildlife Safari, which will take you close up amongst animals like rhinos, giraffes and zebras and through exhibits like Meerkats, Cheetahs, Vervet Monkeys and Serval cats. There is also the Australian exhibit, with kangaroos, emus and wallabies.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Geelong Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cape May Hotels
- Ko Samet
- Adelaide Hotels
- Buggs Island Hotels
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path