Smorgy's Family Restaurant & Buccaneers, Geelong

Cunningham Pier 03 5222 4113

Smorgy's and Buccaneers, Cunningham Pier
    by cassiejoy42
  • a walk down the pier ends at smogy's (pity really)
    a walk down the pier ends at smogy's...
    by ombre
  • Smorgys Geelong: been closed for two years now

by Wilbury1 Written Feb 1, 2012

Amazing how many people still head out the Pier in search of Smorgys restaurant when it's been closed now for two years. It's now a fantastic restaurant, the best place for weddings party's anything, and it has a magnificent lounge bar on the top floor. RIP smorgys, the place is now a world class venue that is is a great night out.

Favorite Dish: that's the best part about the new restaurant, Baveras, who knows, you don't even have to read the menue, just sit back and let David order for you and experience the best in food wine and location location location.

• Wine Tasting
    • Business Travel

• ombre's Profile Photo

Smorgy's Family Restaurant & Buccaneers: I can't really recommend any...

by ombre Updated Jun 11, 2006

a walk down the pier ends at smogy's (pity really)

I can't really recommend any one Restaurant in Geelong
    I will say the standard is much better than five or six years ago and you can find alot of places,very much in touch with leading tends from melbourne.
    you can find most styles of food now in Geelong ,such as Chinese,Mexican,Thai,Indian and also International as well as crap like Macca's and Kfc.
    red rooster all the usaul fast food .although I'm no fan of Family style Restaurants
    Smogy's has to have the best location in Geelong right at the end of the peir and you do feel like your sitting on boat far out at sea if you have window seat.
    I can't help but wonder how good it could be with ritzy or funky middle range Restaurant serving the in crowd .
    It could be the biggest thing Geelong had to offer sadly though It's a smorgies
    The food is rubbish in gourmet terms though its very good value if you just want to sit down with young kids and basically just want to filll your self up.
    I sit in envy as I look around a fully packed all you and eat pigs troff as I can these style of eateries .

Favorite Dish: .
    we ate nothing that aweful but having said that nothing above slightly pleasent either .
    though the kids value was brillant and they can run around and watch the threatre style show that is simply rubbish but through 4 to 3 year old eys very exciting .
    most of the familes are either here for cheap night out away from thinking about what to cook for dinner or like us having spent a expensive day and just want a feed .
    I said most!!!!!!!!!!!! like all you can eat buffet style places there are the what I call tralier trash scum bags that seem to think they need to eat enough for 365 day to get there money's worth .Ma usually is missing half her teeth is size 18 plus and is wearing skin tight black pants and would not know shampoo if it hit her in the face
    .pa is even better half his guts hanging out and his last trip to decent barber yet alone hair dresser was not in this life time .
    He smells like smoke and with out doubt will leave the restaurant 90 times for fag as the restaurant does not allow smoking
    These people are harmless and I cant say they do me any in justice I just wonder what makes them tick as much as anything .
    the other good thing about them is my kids are shockers when I go out but these little jewels mostly already heading for no hope of any culanary life are jumpingup and down screaming and mums way of shutting them up is to swear at them and say I kick you up the bum if you don't shut up.it takes my kids out of the spot light

• cassiejoy42's Profile Photo

Smorgy's Family Restaurant & Buccaneers: Fresh Air, Food and Fine Views

by cassiejoy42 Written Oct 17, 2005

Smorgy's and Buccaneers, Cunningham Pier

I have only eaten at Smorgy's so cannot pass an opinion on Buccaneer's, except to say that I have heard good comments from people who have dined there.
    Smorgy's is a smorgasboard meal, so you help yourself to the fine food on offer - seafood, roasts, salads, desserts, and more.

Favorite Dish: I like seafood so I usually fill up my plate with lotsa seafood. I also like salads and Smorgy's do nice salads.

• Smorgy's & Buccaneers: Kids Restaurant

by Billy_26 Written Jun 4, 2003

Smorgy’s Restaurant on Cunningham Pier. Many a man has been lured by the prospect of a set price all you can eat buffet and regreted having to spend the evening listening to an animated Seal. Now it is time to be frank. The two times I have been there have been disappointing. Lots of little Fingers in the food and lots of noise. It is not mentioned in any of the tourist literature I have read and the only thing going for it in my opinion is the view.
    Do venture into the café on the other side of Cunningham Pier called Buccaneers. Take a look at the free Aquarium along one wall and if you wish to stop, have a coffee and admire the view.

Instant Answers: Geelong