Langwarrin Travel Guide

Home sweet home.

Langwarrin Nightlife

The cage for the smokers. 1 more image

by craic Updated Apr 4, 2008

We went here to see a horse race in the TAB section. After viewing the race - disappointing result for the horse my daughter knows as Groaner, but as she said, he needs more distance - we went up the other end to watch the music videos. Something for everyone in this place.
    Daughter comes here for meals quite often. Cheap and cheerful.
    Their smoking area looked like a cage or a prison.
    There was a lot of parking space around the pub. Everybody drives around here, they have to.
    And a drive through bottle shop. I had to get out of the car because I didn't know what I wanted. Surprised the attendants a bit. I found a palatable cleanskin for 5 bucks. So cool.
    I thought the pub was brand new - but no, it has just been renovated.
    I haven't been there at night yet so I don't know how jointed it gets. I will report back.

Langwarrin Transportation

My bus stop.

by craic Written Mar 23, 2008

Luckily for me, as I don't drive. It runs between Cranbourne and Frankston - and considering how many passengers they have it runs surprisingly frequently. About every half hour.
    But even in a community that is dependent on the car there are always people who can't drive. The young, the old, the sick, the poor, the unemplyed, the banned. So it is nice the community remembers them.

My first trip though - I was only charged $1-60 - which I thought was very cheap. I found out on my return journey the driver had just jumped to the conclusion that as I was an old lady I had a concession fare. Most people on the bus would have a concession card, you see.

Cranbourne and Frankston are on the train line so you have to use this feeder bus to get to a station and catch the train into Melbourne.

Langwarrin Off The Beaten Path

Raising some dust.

by craic Written May 3, 2008

... and Bri was giving one of the young brats a bit of a tune up in the round yard - probably making liberal use of the snubbing post.

Time to kick my boots off at the back door, get the stove fired up, and cook dinner.

Pick Your Own.

by craic Written May 3, 2008

The next day I strolled in and got a little punnet and strolled around picking the last of their raspberries.

They sell jam (expensive!) and frozen berries all year round - but the beauty of pick your own is picking them yourself, isn't it?

• craic's Profile Photo
    Run for it! Another walker!

by craic Written May 3, 2008

I saw another walker out on the highway and he saw me and dodged off across the road risking life and limb.

He ran like a rabbit.

Instant Answers: Langwarrin

Comments

Langwarrin Travel Guide
Map of Langwarrin