Melbourne Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Melbourne

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

That's me celebrating...

by Krystynn Updated Aug 24, 2002

That's me celebrating Christmas with my cousin (he's a doctor attached to the Geelong Hospital), his Australian-Chinese (ex) girlfriend and my relatives here in Melbourne's most famous entertainment complex - The Crown Hotel here in Southbank.

Santa Claus really caught me off guard... as you can see from the pic below. :-D

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Whenever I'm in Melbourne, my...

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Whenever I'm in Melbourne, my favorite hangouts are undoubtedly 'Monsoon's' at the Grand Hyatt Hotel and 'Bobby McGee's'...

My friends and cousins adore 'Metro' - it's a HUGE disco (with many levels) just across the street from Hard Rock Cafe in the city center.

My favorite pub?

Definitely 'Barfly' - also across the street from Hard Rock Cafe.

Gee... with me making all these recommendations, I hope when I'm in Melbourne in the near future, I'd be able to get in... i.e. hope the place's not too jam-packed!

You may also wish to check out the world's largest casino - Crown Casino located at Southbank. It's open 24 hours a day... and on my last trip there, I actually won A$700 at the jackpot machine... after slotting in only 3 A$1 coins! And this was even done reluctantly (honest!). I was waiting for my cousin when I grew a little bored... ya know???

Photo Below: The lovely picture below shows SOUTHBANK PROMENDADE and it's most famous landmark, the CROWN ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX - housing state-of-the-art cinema (tickets cost A$11), designer boutiques, chic cafes, a foodcourt, the CROWN HOTEL (check out the indoor waterfall!)... and the world's largest casino, the CROWN CASINO. Simply breathtaking.

• Crown Casino: Crown Casino

by Rozita Written Aug 24, 2002

This is a tremendous place to go out! This casino, along the Yarra River in the city centre of Melbourne, is huge!! If you like to gamble, this is the place, but that's not all of it... There are some really good nightclubs, like Mercury Lounge, on the top floor, and food arcades in 2 floors, offering everything from McDonald's to Chinese food.

Dress Code: The general rule about going out in Melbourne is that girls can wear practically anything they want, whereas guys at least have to watch their shoes. Runners, sneakers and sandals are out! The bouncers will not let you in wearing this, unless you are accompanied with a good-looking girl, then there is a chance!

• ombre's Profile Photo

We melbourians like to think...

by ombre Written Aug 24, 2002

We melbourians like to think we can offer for all types like the latin bars of johnston street collingwood to the mad amount of Irish bars through out Melbourne .You simply have to be able to find something for your taste classy through to grunge and all else in between.King street is probably one street I would say becare in as ther can be some trouble.If you come to melbourne find a gig guide that is a good way to fing what suits your interest.I hang at bars like the carosel in south melbourne through to places like pogg mahones which goes off on a monday night. for the more coperate try bobby Mcgee's on a friday night.
    must point out ombre is getting old now and has a baby on the way so if you want to party with me hurry up as Im sure the other half with keep me grounded soon
    17th march is st patricks day and melbourne goes off .this year it falls on a saturday
    and I have the day off work god help melbourne here I come lol.
    molloy blooms in port melbourne will host over 10,000 idiots all claiming to be irish on the day.
    if you happen to be in melborne and run into me by 10.30 pm I won't even know my own name.
    7.30 am I start at pogg mahones hardware st melbourne for breaky.

Dress Code: very few Melbourne bars or clubs allow runners at night,dress codes vary alot from no denim to no entry with out a collared shirt for the guys.

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Melbourne: Rock & Roll!

by BorneoGrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

What can I say? This HRC is similar to most HRC in the world. But do expect good food, good drinks and great music.

Just about to into HRC Melbourne
    • Business Travel
    • Singles

• wkcsmt's Profile Photo

The Arts Centre: Night Light Display

by wkcsmt Updated Apr 4, 2011

Enjoy the changing lights on the 160m high spire of the Arts Centre.

The Arts Centre offers guided tours, back stage tours and free exhibitions too.

Arts Centre @ night
    • Architecture
    • Theater Travel

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

The Croft Institute: A trip to the ward...

by cybergenic Written Sep 18, 2007

Think mad scientist, think psycho ward, think bar and music.
    Welcome to The Croft Institute

Dress Code: Lab coat, board shorts, jeans, tuxedo.

The Croft Institute
    • Work Abroad
    • Beer Tasting

• chennaismartguy's Profile Photo

Princess Hotel @ St. Kilda: Princess @ St. Kilda

by chennaismartguy Written Mar 5, 2007

Nice pub with lot of locals hanging around. They do have pool tables…and its very crowded. I just had a beer…nothing much!!! Jus sit/stand & talk!!

Dress Code: Anything will do

Pub Hub @ Friztroy St, St.Kilda

• millablake's Profile Photo

Prudence: Prudence

by millablake Updated Jun 24, 2006

An old 2 storey town house converted into a cozy bar.

Dim lighting, plentiful record selection, friendly staff, 50s decor and board games, although the chessboards are missing pieces. improvise.

Lou Reed

• Steve-H's Profile Photo

A tribute to John Peel.: JOHN PEEL

by Steve-H Written Mar 17, 2005

When John Peel the legendary Radio 1 DJ died his loss was felt around the world. John played the soundtrack to my life, i listened to him as a kid and i was still listening to him in 2004.

A tribute to John Peel
    • Beer Tasting
    • Music

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Rialto Tower: Another View

by Sweetberry1 Updated Oct 4, 2004

Another view, in a slightly different direction.
    This one shows the Crown Casino Complex in the foreground, and Albert Park Lake area, where the Grand Prix is held every year.

Views over Melbourne..

• CandS's Profile Photo

Melbourne by night

by CandS Updated Jan 24, 2004

If you have the time then I recommend a walk along the Yarra River at night...it's really nice... The reflection of the lights on the water look amazing... :)

Yarra River

• KhaanPatrick's Profile Photo

late night rock

by KhaanPatrick Updated May 1, 2003

ever since my little sister zara came along .
    my dad's night life is increasing all the time if it's not me wriecking the joint at all hours little girl gets in and makes dad stay up .

• AussieKitten's Profile Photo

Pubs

by AussieKitten Updated Mar 10, 2003

From the smokey crowded venues to the chic and 'be seen in' venues, Melbourne pubs have it all.

Dress Code: Usually it's whatever you like, but some places may require neat casual.

Mentone Hotel

• CandS's Profile Photo

Chapel Street

by CandS Updated Dec 31, 2002

Chapel Street is a great place to go if you're into bars and restaurants. The whole street seems to be lined with different cafes, bars, restaurants etc...

Melbourne

Instant Answers: Melbourne

Comments

Melbourne Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Melbourne nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Melbourne sightseeing.