Phillip Island Restaurants

MOROCCAN CHICKEN
  • Restaurants
    RASPBERRY ROULADE

Most Recent Restaurants in Phillip Island

• Gulliver's Cafe & Wine Bar: Worst restaurant in Australia!!

by jamesb6 Written Nov 10, 2010

DON'T DO IT!!

I get to Phillip Island a lot, and have given this place THREE tries in the last year and every time is worse than the last. Today was a highlight - a special hot dog SATURATED in sauce, that fell apart as soon as I picked it up.

No serviette or waiter/waitress in sight. Filthy sticky hands before the seagulls got my food (at least the other restaurants shoo the seagulls away).

Previous bad experiences with friends - seems ALL eggs are hard boiled whether you like it or not.

Very expensive prices to pay too for the experience of bad food, worse service - and the general frustration you've been "had".

This place does well because of its spectacular location, but is doing Phillip Island hospitality NO favours.

AVOID IT and MOVE ON!!! Let me be the only foolish repeat customer!

• Gulliver's Cafe & Wine Bar: Worst restaurant in Australia!!

by jamesb6 Written Nov 10, 2010

DON'T DO IT!!

AVOID IT and MOVE ON!!! Let me be the only foolish repeat customer!

• Incredible Penguin Cafe: eggs to die for

by Cam47 Written May 4, 2007

On a cold, drizzly Thursday morning a big breakfast was in order for myself and six hungry overseas visitors. After sitting at one of the newer city style cafe's (named after a bovine disease) and myself being embarrased by the lack of enthusiasm to serve from the staff, we voted with our feet and looked for somewhere else to eat. The Incredible Penguin Cafe looked OK and thankfully we were met with a friendly smile and a big hearty breakfast. The eggs were perfect, not over cooked, coffee was strong and prices were low. A delicious breakfast at a low price. The decor was of the simple fast-food table and chairs variety but what I was after was a friendly atmosphere to show my overseas relatives a little of the friendly Australian personality. So if you prefer friendly, prompt service over fresh paint, latin music and fashion magazines (which you can have in the big city any day of the week) then stop off at The Incredible Penguin Cafe....you would have to be mad to go to any of the others.

Favorite Dish: Big breakfast...bigger than any in my town...actually enough for two. Eggs not overcooked, beans, tomatoe, toast and two sausages.

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Panhandle: Great TexMex

by lesaandbill Written Jun 18, 2006

okay...so noone else may be interested in texmex...but being from Dallas...and living here for two years...we get pretty jazzed when we find good texmex. This place is run by a guy out of El Paso...and it definitely is authentic tex mex. It's not the best...but it's a fun place to stop ...and one of the few places open after the penguin parade in the closeby town of Cowes.

• Eco-Tourism

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

AZTEX: GREAT FOOD

by aussiejen Written Dec 8, 2005

MOROCCAN CHICKEN

This is a terrific little restaurant which also has an extensive take-away menu of gourmet pizzas, pastas, curry and rice dishes.
    Dine-in has a larger selection with different menus for lunch (Fri-Sun from 12pm) or dinner ( 7 days from 5pm).
    This is a licensed restaurant, but is BYO for wine only.
    Staff were very pleasant, food was very nice.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed my "Moroccan Chicken". It was served on roast vegetable couscous, along with salad and garlic yoghurt. A very generous serve.
    Tony's steak was cooked just the way he likes it. It came with oysters in a sauce on top and salad and chips. I can't remember what it was called!!

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

THE ALBATROSS LOUNGE: YUMMY CAKES

by aussiejen Written Dec 5, 2005

RASPBERRY ROULADE

What a great little cafe this place is! The owners are an absolute delight. We popped in to have a well deserved cuppa and couldn't resist the cakes either. Most of the cakes are baked on the premises. Diabetics and coeliacs are catered for too.
    We even came back for breakfast the next morning!!

Favorite Dish: We couldn't decide which cake to share, so just had to have 2 different ones. The "sticky date cake" served with your choice of cream or ice cream was very nice. The "raspberry roulade" was even nicer.
    I can also recommend the omelette for breakfast. It was very good, filled with ham, tomato and cheese.

Instant Answers: Phillip Island

Comments

Phillip Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Phillip Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Phillip Island sightseeing.

View all Phillip Island hotels