Port Campbell Restaurants

Dessert Display Case

Best Rated Restaurants in Port Campbell

• WAVES: One of a few

by Anne12 Written Aug 30, 2005

There is a problem with Port Campbells Restaurants and Cafe's, they can change from one week to the next. You can have a great meal and then the next time it's very ordinary.

Port Campbell's hospitality hasn't quite caught up with the Tourism of the area.

I have eaten at this Restaurant and it was very good, that doesn't mean it will be for you.

They are open for Breakfast and coffee and drinks throughout the day.
    I would NOT recommend the coffee, worst I have ever had....this was on the 27/9/05
    Let me know if you find it has improved.

Favorite Dish: I would look at the Menu and Specials and decide.

• Work Abroad

• Port Campbell Hotel: The Local

by Anne12 Written Aug 30, 2005

This is the only Pub in Port and it has a good bar and lounge area. On a summers day you can sit outside and enjoy a beer or two.

They are open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner.
    They also have a bottle shop for the take home grog.

Favorite Dish: The Pub's menu is extensive and it's a matter of having what you like.
    They do have Grayfish when in season...

The sevice is fast and the food is good pub tucker.

The only thing is that they stop seving meals around 8pm
    Make sure you check what time the meals are served.

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Cafe twenty8: Tinkling fountain

by leffe3 Written Jul 18, 2003

For visitors, Port Campbell is essentially a one street town, running at 90 degrees away from the sea. Along here is a number of cafes, restaurants and a few shops.

Twenty8 seemed the best choice for a late Sunday lunch - a good sized front terrace with a tinkling fountain (so tinkling that all 3 of us went to the loo at least twice!), centre court. Inside was functional but a bit anodine, another reaon why we chose to sit outside.

Favorite Dish: Fairly limited menu, but perfectly adequate without being over-exciting. Burgers, soups, pasta, chicken were on offer.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Koo-Aah Cafe: Decent Fish & Chips

by cjg1 Updated Jan 24, 2013

Fried Calamari & Chips

We stopped off in Port Campbell to explore the town and decided to grab some lunch as well. We walked along Lord Street and checked out the menus before we found this place. The menu looked good and so did the food on the tables, so we decided to eat here.

This is a casual place with small tables outside, about 4 in total. The menu is on a large board over the cashier and had a large variety of fish, sandwiches, chicken and simple fare. There was also a display case full of sweet offerings as well as ice cream. After looking over the menu; I decided on the Fish and Chips and my wife chose the Calamari. We placed our order, selected our beverages, paid for our meal and took a seat outside.

Our food arrived rather quickly and very hot; too hot to eat right away. The meals were in simple boxes; which were perfect for using later for leftovers as we didn't finish our meals. My fish and chips were okay; not bad just not anything to rave about. My wife liked her Calamari but some pieces were a bit rubbery and her fries were a bit soggy. Portions were a nice size and I did take away some leftovers in case I got hungry during our ride to Port Fairy(our next stop).

Prices here are very resonable and the portions are a good size. Service was friendly and quick but the food is just okay.

**On a side note: they have a little souvenir area that has books, postcards and magnets for sale. My wife picked up some magnets for a much more reasonable price than we had seen that day in more touristy locations.**

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Bombara's: Great location - bad,bad food

by leffe3 Written Jan 29, 2006

Looking over the beach and the bay, floor to ceiling windows, decking at front and to the side, this place looked the ideal place to grab lunch. Didn't expect anything too fancy and wanted to keep it simple. Not in a rush but not looking for a long Sunday lunch.
    Steak sandwich served with fries, chicken schnitzel burger and for the kids, one wanted chicken strips with chips, the other, wedges with sour cream. 'We're busy so there will be about a 30 minute wait' was the comment as the order was put in. Fair enough.

One hour 10 minutes later (and two trips to the counter to find out where the food was 'it's on its way' was the rejoinder (having walked out of one cafe in Warrnambool the previous day having waited for nearly an hour, the kids pleaded with us to stay :)) the food finally arrived.

Steak sandwich was pretty average but the use of tinned mushrooms..?? Chicken schnitzel burger was the best choice, but little more than OK. Kid's chicken pretty tame and chips disgusting. Wedges were nothing more than boring. Looking round at the other tables, there was a lot of food left over on the plates!

Favorite Dish: None!

Instant Answers: Port Campbell

Comments

Port Campbell Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Port Campbell restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Campbell sightseeing.

View all Port Campbell hotels