Scoresby Travel Guide

Scoresby Things to Do

• craic's Profile Photo

by craic Updated Apr 4, 2011

I really took exception to having to pay to enter this market/picnic grounds/fair. $2-50! Rip off.
    It is a long walk from the road, no pavement, and if you are walking you are dodging the cars. And have to risk life and limb to get into the middle of the road to the booth to pay.

But then I saw all the little kiddies having so much fun climbing on the old tank, and riding on the choo choo train and swooping away on the chair lift - and my misanthropic heart was healed.
    And their daddies were taking advantage of the barbecues and the little lake was quite pretty.

Then as I was wandering some guy in a car shouted at me to get out of the way. So rude.

And I could find nothing at all to buy in the market. I had money in my wallet, and a shopping desire in my heart, and I looked and looked and looked and could find nothing I wanted.
    And it's big.
    I did not think the fruit and veg section was very attractive.
    I had a hamburger and a drink at the kiosk - oh dear it was awful.
    Then at the last I heard the shout - Tray of avocados for 2 bucks!
    And they were beauties, ready to eat.
    So I got a tray and went up to people to give out the avocados, share them around. The most avocados I could use was four. And I got lucky. People would take them. Some said thanks.
    I wouldn't go here again unless I had little kids who were easily pleased.

Train rides are 3 bucks and so is the chairlift. (The sign said the chairlift was 3 bucks there and 3 bucks back - not sure about that.)

Chairlift and lake. Tank and kiddies. Barbecue area and dads. Cho choo train. Market.

Instant Answers: Scoresby

Comments

Scoresby Travel Guide
Map of Scoresby