South Melbourne Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in South Melbourne

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Isthmus of Kra: Excellent Thai

by lesaandbill Written Jun 17, 2006

An excellent find. There are many different good thai restaurants in Melbourne...but this is no exception. Another dimly light, romantic place for a nice dinner. The thai food is some of the best we've tasted in Melbourne.

Favorite Dish: Baked Oysters...
    Green Curry

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Trilussa Caffe: more great Italian pastas

by Kate-Me Written Jan 31, 2004
    FDU Melbourne Group, 31/1/04

This time, one week later than the first time we visited Caffe Trilussa, we were there with a party group (des nouveaux amis de Francedownunder.com Melbourne).
    Service was very good, we had the back room all to ourselves, and the decor was very nice (one of the main reasons I chose the restaurant, after trying it out the week before to make sure the food was also great).

Favorite Dish: This time I didn't go for super spicy pasta but the Trilussa, house special, with a spicy Napoli type sauce with fettucini, chicken, mushrooms and bacon.
    And dessert...the range was huge, and it was hard to choose, but I went for Kahlua Pie - basically a mousse type of cake (huge pieces for $7), very rich indeed, with ice cream and chocolate sauce on the side.
    Delicious! 10/10 especially for the desserts!

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Caffe Trilussa: Carlton - Melbourne's Little Italy

by Kate-Me Written Jan 28, 2004
    Caffe Trilussa

The Caffee is fairly small - just small tables in the front of the restaurant, but there's a narrow room out the back which seats about 20, and I really liked the ambience there, even though we were the only ones sitting there! The walls are painted a gold/terracotta with Italian/Greek style figures on them that reminded me a lot of Pompeii (which made me love the place even more).

Favorite Dish: Martin NL from VT and I both had pasta Amatriciana, and though it was great, I'd only recommend it if you really like hot chilli, because BOY, was this dish spicy! By the end, I'd drunk over 1/2 a litre of water with the meal.....
    Delicious though.
    My husband had Gnocci, which he said was nice too.
    I didn't have room for dessert, but the fridge of continental cakes and slices in the front of the restaurant was so long it ran for almost the length of the restaurant and looked sooo inviting!
    Not just Italian food here - a bit of other stuff too like Turkish, a few burgers, even fish & chips. Pasta dishes very reasonable by Carlton standards - $11-$14 ea.

Instant Answers: South Melbourne

Comments

South Melbourne Restaurants

Reviews and photos of South Melbourne restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for South Melbourne sightseeing.

View all South Melbourne hotels