Stawell Favorites

• balhannah's Profile Photo

SILVER GUM TREE

by balhannah Written Oct 11, 2012
    Gum nuts

Favorite thing: Gum Trees - There are hundreds of them in Australia! Most will only grow in their own area, but then others will grow elsewhere!

One I saw in Stawell which I hadn't seen elsewhere, was a smallish Gum Tree with a drooping habit. Its leaves were a silvery green, and it was loaded with silver gum nuts. It was really attractive, and I imagine popular with the Florist for floral arrangements.
    I did see some more later on as we travelled the area, but that was all, they only grow here, and guess what, I don't know its name!

• Women's Travel

• balhannah's Profile Photo

INTERPRETIVE SIGNAGE

by balhannah Written Oct 11, 2012

Favorite thing: I had a Cultural Heritage guide trail brochure to help me see all the historic sights in Stawell.
    If you are unable to pick up one of these, don't worry too much, as the majority of sights are in the Main streeet, Scallan and Patrick Streets. Infront of the buildings, is Interpretive signage with history and photo of what you are viewing.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Stawell

Comments

Stawell Favorites

Reviews and photos of Stawell favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stawell sightseeing.