Tallangatta Travel Guide

Windmill and Lake Hume
    by Intrepidduck
    View from the foreshore walk
    by iandsmith
    Hello, anybody home?
    by iandsmith

Tallangatta Things to Do

by iandsmith Written Oct 5, 2006

It didn't matter what street we walked down, more than 80% had cottage gardens that had some blooms out. It made the simple act of going for a walk so pleasurable I was surprised they don't advertise the fact more.

Symbolic of the town
    • Hiking and Walking

by iandsmith Written Oct 5, 2006

In this town, almost unlike any other I've ever been to, civic pride is paramount. Almost everyone has a well tended garden and I've never been in a town anywhere that had a sign up designating the Prettiest Street in said town.
    I thought it was reflective of how the populus cared about where they lived and I, for one, was impressed

Reflection of the town's pride
    • Women's Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

by iandsmith Written Oct 5, 2006

It's hard to miss. The park is smack in the middle of town and the information centre is in the middle of the park.
    The sign said it was open 9-5 seven days a week. I thought, how good is that, getting someone to man the rooms all that time.
    Reality check. There is no one there, just a room full of brochures.
    Having said that, there are some very useful brochures available and I certainly grabbed a handful, or two.
    As an addendum, the public toilets are at the back of the building and they were immaculately clean when I used them, so unlike other towns I've been to.

Hello, anybody home?

Instant Answers: Tallangatta

Comments

Tallangatta Travel Guide
Map of Tallangatta