The Grampians Restaurants

Quarry Restaurant in The Grampians
    by tigerjapan

Most Recent Restaurants in The Grampians

• Quarry Restaurant: Oh My God!!!

by gwennies Written Mar 2, 2006

Oh my god!! A couple of friends and I went out for dinner one of the three nights we stayed in Halls Gap. After talking to a couple of people and getting great comments about Quarry Restaurant, it was decided. The building is set a stone throw from the Stoney Creek River and gives great views of the mountains and the luscious surrounding scenery. We were warmly greated and seated by one of the owners herself. The music played was great and made you feel right at home but the meals were fantastic. I had Garlic prawns as entree and The Quarry Tower (The restaurants very own signature dish) both of which were well above exceptional. All my friends were very pleased with their meals as well as the great service. I will definately re-visit the Quarry Restaurant and encourage every one i know, too.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish would definately be The Quarry Tower, consisting of grilled- eggplant, onion, capsicum, prime rump steak, calabrese salami and fetta cheese stacked four tiers high and drizzled with a balsamic and olive oil dressing and complemented with wedges of grilled mushroom wedges and sun-dried tomatoes. A delight to the pallette as it offers an extensive array of very well complimented flavours and aromas. Along with a nice glass of the Red-Bellied Black Shiraz and you'll be in heaven. Definately a 10/10 for this dish. Also has a great, reasonable price tag to it as well.

• Gay and Lesbian

• didgeridorien's Profile Photo

Bush Tucker Cafe: Kangaroo

by didgeridorien Written Feb 13, 2006

You can have bush snacks here, but also normal food for a good price. It's attached to the Brambuk Living Cultural Centre, so you can have a look around after dinner.

Favorite Dish: Have the kangaroo kebab, it's delicious.

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Halls Gap Hotel & Family Bistro: Steer Well Clear of Here.

by tigerjapan Written Sep 23, 2005

We looked at 3 different restaurants on the night we ate at the Halls Gap Hotel & Bistro. By the power of democracy it won out. At the end of the meal everyone trusted less in democracy and I was declared the new dictator of restaurant choice for the following evening.

It's a pub, but it's promoting itself as having "quality bistro dining". I would not go that far. The service was average and the food was pretty appalling. Eating your meal in the front bar will make it cheaper, but I don't think a reduction in price would have done much for my overall opinion on the place. The steak was the toughest piece of meat I had ever seen served. My dad said the sauce was nice, but that's about it. Mum's chicken dish was bland and Take & I both had the roast of the day (Pork, that ended up being turkey), which seemed to have been defrosted and mircowaved.

Look at the restaurants in town. Steer well clear of here, unless you just want a casual pint.

Favorite Dish: All four of us had terrible meals and we just had to laugh that we chose this place over the other choices... I was annoyingly reminding people that they should listen to me... one sometimes has to gloat.

• National/State Park

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Quarry Restaurant: A Restaurant In Halls Gap

by tigerjapan Written Sep 23, 2005

Quarry Restaurant in The Grampians

This is one of the restaurants located in Halls Gap in The Grampians. It is also one of the newest and seems to be quite popular.

A la Carte menu with decent wine list.

Beautiful views of the Grampians sandstone peaks.

Suitable for whole family.

We didn't get

• National/State Park

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Convenience Stores: DIY

by leffe3 Updated Mar 22, 2004

Most of the accommodation in Hall's Gap is self catering. There are a couple of decent convenience shops in the town which, while expensive, are not astronomical. You can get all the provisions you need with, strangely, the exception of butter.

There's a couple of bottle shops as well but its worth remembering that there are a number of vineyards in the vicinity where you can taste and purchase cheaper than in shops. One of the closest in The Gap - makes good Shiraz - and Best's in Great Western (known for its Shiraz).

• leffe3's Profile Photo

The Kookuburra: Good Food

by leffe3 Written Mar 22, 2004

A highly regarded restaurant that has been under the same ownership for 20 years.

Its something of an attempt of a mexican adobe style building from the outside - blue paintwork and off-yellow white washed walls. And it has to be said, the decor of the place is not its strong point. Carpets, overlit, dull furnishings hardly inspire at first glance.

But the food is the saving grace

Favorite Dish: Starters are good, experimental if a little heavy on the seasonings (Thai Prawns good, sage and duck risotto a little heavy on the sage).

This helped with the request for the main course as most meats (beef, roast pork, kangaroo) come with a sauce - ask for the sauce to be served on the side. Good taste, but we received a gravy boat full of it with the kangaroo - we used less than a quarter. Looking at other plates as they were served suggested that the food came swamped with the sauce.

Good place, but shame about the decor!

Instant Answers: The Grampians

Comments

The Grampians Restaurants

Reviews and photos of The Grampians restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for The Grampians sightseeing.

View all The Grampians hotels