Augusta Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Augusta

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

The Colourpatch Cafe/Restaurant: - try elsewhere

by sirgaw Written Mar 23, 2009

Through the pages of VT I had read about the Colourpatch Cafe and its famous sign - photo'd above. Although we were not hungry enough to try out the fish and chips, we both needed a caffeine fix. Seemed an idyllic setting with a grassy embankment opposite the cafe leading to the waters edge and a couple of fishermen trying their luck.

We went in and ordered the coffees and judging from the attitude of the guy behind the counter, maybe that day was not one of his best. Any attempt at conversation resulted in a Neanderthal like grunt. We got our overpriced coffees and were glad of the more pleasant outlook across the road where we got to see dolphins cavorting around.

Not sure I'd like to try the fish and chips after our episode over the coffees.

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Augusta Bakery Cafe: - in one word - yummy

by sirgaw Written Mar 23, 2009

I should admit an addiction - I just love country bakeries and their yummy food, so this tip is from an addict and should be read by those not so addicted with a certain amount of scepticism.

It was not the sight of the Augusta Bakery Cafe that got me, but rather the aromas of freshly baked goodies that made my tummy acids get all worked up, so we just had to stop. - twice.

There are 2 sections - the take away area where most of their freshly made produce is on display and I went weak in the knees at the array of hot pies. My mouth watered at the thought of a pepper steak pie and it was just as good - no, BETTER - than I had anticipated. To my way of thinking a pie should consist of chunks of meat and not minced meat. If properly made it should not need the customary squirt of tomato sauce. My pie was GREAT and a few days later a steak and mushroom pie - almost as good as the first one and neither needed sauce and both had real chunks of melt-in-the-mouth pieces of meat. Lady Gaw has more refined tastes and chose a smoked salmon filled toasted panini. I was still hungry after each pie and went for broke and enjoyed a cinnamon yeast bun - yum (they'd run out of my all time favourite - coffee scrolls). They also have cold drinks and hot tea/coffee. To cap it all off, clean and well-maintained loos.

They have an outdoor eating area with views of the nearby Southern Ocean and an indoor cafe with table service for the wimps who don't want to brave the elements - even if sheltered by glass.

Augusta Bakery Cafe does have a sign "Australia's Best" - now that's a pretty tall statement, however they are very good.

• Seniors

• naomimason's Profile Photo

Colour Patch Cafe: Best Fish and Chips for years

by naomimason Written Jan 23, 2008

We have been going to the Colour Patch for years and it has never ceased to impress visitors from all over the world. They serve very fresh local seafood either dine in or takeaway. They have a great beach over the road with plenty of grassed area and shade. It is known as the last eating place before Antarctica and is well worth a visit if you get down that way.

Favorite Dish: The local Sand Whiting is by far our favourite. It is a small fish with a delicate, sweet flovour.

• Beaches

• CandS's Profile Photo

The Colourpatch Cafe: Fish & Chips

by CandS Written Sep 14, 2004

Colourpatch Cafe

The Colourpatch Cafe is the "Last Eating House before the Antartic" as it is advertised.

They also state that they are the "Home of the Best Fish and Chips"...and that if you stay long enough you might see the dolphins at play in the Blackwood River.

They are open 8 am to 7:30 pm seven days a week.

Favorite Dish: The fish & chips were expensive but the fish was really good (the chips weren't all that good).

Instant Answers: Augusta

Comments

Augusta Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Augusta restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Augusta sightseeing.