Broome Shopping

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Gift Shop: Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park

by grandmaR Updated Jul 3, 2014

Crocodile skin belts

While my granddaughter was on the tour, I browsed in the gift shop and bought some things. I would have liked to buy a belt, but they were too expensive. I did buy a band with croc teeth in it for my son and they gave me some extra teeth with it

• National/State Park
    • Cruise

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Showroom: Pearl Lugger Museum

by grandmaR Written Jun 30, 2014
    Real pearls at the shop in the museum

We did look at things in the shop, but I don't remember what we bought or if we bought anything

What to buy: Listed on the shop website
    Porthole Mirror on Jarrah with Keshi pearls inlay $890.00
    Beautiful South Sea Cultured Pearl Strands from $4250
    Mother of Pearl Shell Model Luggers from $495. Helmets from $150.00.
    Pearlessence mabe pendants on leather from $50 each.
    Polished Trochus Shells $25 each.

• Cruise
    • Museum Visits

Hidden Valley: Beautiful soaps and essential oils etc

by albaaust Written Jul 5, 2009

Some of the wares

This is a lovely shop to visit for the wonderful smells and oils. All the soaps are handmade in Broome. It is a little out of the way and it does close at 4.30pm but it is worth a visit.

The shop does sell its soaps etc at the Saturday morning markets.

You can also mail order.

What to buy: Soaps such as Full moon rising, pearl. Oils are also very nice

What to pay: Varies depending on what you are buying and sizes. $3.50 upwards

• Photography

Simply Broome: Beautiful soaps and other Broome handicrafts

by albaaust Written Apr 16, 2008

A selection of the soaps

This is a shop that has just opened up in Broome. It contains various local indigneous artwork, Indigneous books, homemade soaps and other local crafts. What I liked about this shop was the wonderful smells as I entered the shop.

What to buy: Soaps

Jimmy Chi Arcade: Through way from Carnarvon to Dampier Street

by albaaust Written Apr 15, 2008

Jimmy Chi throughway/ arcade is an interesting and convenient way to walk from Carnarvon Street to Dampier Street. There are a couple of shops selling locally made clothes. There is also a shady cafe where you can stop to escape the heat!!

The bus stop to Cable Beach is directly in front of the arcade on Dampier Street.

Shell Shop: Shells

by albaaust Written Apr 15, 2008

If you are interested in shells there is a shell shop in Dampier Street. However, I found it a bit disappointing partly because it did not have the range of shells and also I hate it when people alter the natural appearance of an object in their quest to make it more “attractive” in this case painting of shells. Yuk!!!

• gaizee's Profile Photo

Australian South Sea Pearls

by gaizee Updated Oct 31, 2006

What to buy: Before you go to Broome, you hear about the magnificent South Sea Pearls which are cultured there and as a female who really loves pearls and works in the jewellery industry I was so excited about the prospect of seeing some amazing pearl jewellery from some of Australia's well known jewellery companys.
    I was not disappointed, my husband allowed me a day to myself to explore the stores, and there are many and time runs out. I found the staff in the stores range from indifferent to very well informed about the industry that helps keep this small town alive.
    If your pocket want reach to the price of a beautiful strand of Australian south sea pearls, also available are beautiful s.s. pearl pendant/enhancers and earrings on offer and in some of the stores they have ranges of freshwater pearls from China (not the same) as a compromise.
    I came away without purchasing, I was looking for a single pearl so I could have it made up when I got home and I couldn't find one that I liked, and to be honest I only saw 4 loose pearls out of all the stores I visited.

What to pay: The average price of a nice pendant without a diamond maybe close to A$1000 which of course depends on the size, colour, lustre, skin blemishes and of course shape.

• Myndo's Profile Photo

Lots of Jewelry shops: Pearls

by Myndo Updated Oct 20, 2004

Pearls

Broome is well known all over the world for its saltwater-pearls that they are cultivating here.

What to buy: So a lot of shops are selling them, too, here.
    The prices are reasonable ( I wouldn´t dare to say cheap) and if you are interested, some shops will also show you a film how pearls are cultivated in Oyster farms in Broomes surroundings.

Next to the pearls you can also buy things with pearlmut.

And if you don´t want to buy, go and have a look anyway.

What to pay: Depends on you.
    Beginning from 10 AUS to whatever...

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Broome

Comments

Broome Shopping

Reviews and photos of Broome shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Broome sightseeing.