Margaret River Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Margaret River

Morries: Breakfast until late

by al2401 Written Nov 10, 2013

Morries is a Modern Australian cafe/restaurant serving breakfst, lunch and dinner as well as a general cafe menu.

It has a comfortable ambience with freindly, helpful staff and prompt service. We went to Morries for a rather late breakfast as part of the Big Downunder Meet.

Opening hours
    Mon-Sat: 7:30-late
    Sunday: 7:30-10pm

Favorite Dish: The Morries Breaky Burger is fantastic.

'breaky burger, fried egg, bacon, swiss cheese, aioli, smoky tomato relish (v)'

Cottage Cafe - The Berry Farm: Tea and scones

by al2401 Updated Nov 10, 2013

Sharing with VA's

The Berry Farm is famous for its fruit wines and products. The Cottage Cafe is known for its morning teas. It also serves Vegetarian/Modern Australian food.

The cottage garden is a fantastic place to have your tea and scones with jam and cream. The garden is a traditional cottage garden and there are cheeky Honeyeaters and Silvereyes ready to share your meal. There are also Blue Wrens flitting around.

Favorite Dish: I had the scones with jam and cream and a pot of tea. The scones were beautiful and light and the homestyle jam was delicious. The honeyeaters thought so too!

Cheeky's Restaurant: Sticky Pork Ribs

by al2401 Written Nov 9, 2013

The ambience is typical pub style. The service is good and the staff are friendly and helpful. This was our luch stop on our Big Day Out wine tour.

Open daily from 10am-6pm.

Favorite Dish: I tried the sticky pork ribs and teamed it with the tasting selection from the Cheeky Monkey Brewery. A great combination and a 'just right' serving size.

Sea Gardens Cafe Restaurant - Prevelly: Yummy Fish and Chips

by al2401 Written Nov 9, 2013

The first thing you notice about this restaurant is the friendlines and helpfulness of the staff. OUr lunch order was taken promptly and the food arrived in a timely manner.

The Sea Gardens is open for breakfast lunch and dinner and is fully licenced.

Current opening hours:
    Sunday to Thursday 8am – 3pm
    Friday – Saturday 8am – 8pm

Favorite Dish: Being lunch at the beach I had the beer battered snapper and chips with homestyle tartare sauce. It was a good serving size, the fish was beautiful and fresh and the sauce very tasty.

Knights Inn at Margaret River Resort

by aussirose Written Nov 9, 2013
    Knights Inn Margaret River Resort WA by aussirose

As this place was next door to our accommodaton I arranged to have our meet and greet here. Being an English type pub the food was basic pub food. Don't expect anything else.

We were practically the only ones eating but the service was still poor. Seems like the staff are not interested in winning any awards :o)

There is also an Indian Restaurant here. We probably should have tried that instead. Anyway, we should have walked into town and gone to the Settlers Tavern instead.

Cheeky Monkey Brewery Margaret River: Boutique Brewery amongst the vinyards

by aussirose Updated Oct 21, 2013

PJ and the Ape enjoy beer tasting at Cheeky Monkey

The best place for lunch if you have been out on tour doing wine tasting is a Brewery. That is why I booked us into the Cheeky Monkey. Not only is it a Brewery but you can also taste more wines there and they have Cider as well.

The food here was really good with big servings, good service and beer tastings to go with the food.

My va's thought they would hang around and confuse the Ape..... story about that in my travelogue below

Well recommended.

• Wine Tasting

Morries - Main Street in Margaret River: Best Restaurant in Margaret River

by aussirose Updated Oct 21, 2013

aussirose gormet breakfast  Morries Margaret River

My work colleagues and friends visit Margaret River regularly and told me we had to visit Morries.

We booked in at 11am on Sunday as most of us had to leave after lunch. I was hoping to have the wonderful tapas I had heard all about, but we were to discover that breakfast finished at 11.30. So we had to order off the breakfast menu.

Never mind, it was awesome anyway!... and the place was packed with a steady stream of customers. So, you need to visit Morries but make sure you book in or you will not get a spot.

• Wine Tasting

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Goodfella's Cafe: Just OK Restaurant

by stevemt Written Sep 24, 2013

The restaurant here was ok I guess, some of the food seemed to be well received, but those of us who ordered the Mussles were dissapointed, virtually no sauce to mop up at the end. They were supposed to be Chilli Tomatoe Mussles, but really were tomato with just a hint of Chilli.

Others, who had different dishes were more satisfied.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Thai Tamarind restaurant: So-so restaurant

by stevemt Written Sep 24, 2013

This restaurant was only so-so in my opinion.

I was not that impressed with the food, the dishes that our group ordered did not come out togeather, but rather slowly which was not good as we were all combining for a banquet type situation.

The food was kind of tasty, but not memorable.

Not really recomended

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Green Planet Cafe: vegetarian at its best

by sirgaw Updated Apr 4, 2011

I should say that I am a carnivorous animal and before I went to Green Planet the thought of entering a vegetarian cafe, would have made me break out into a nervous sweat, however Green Planet was a great experience - and the prices were very reasonable too.

Its not all that big and is run by a very friendly Austrian who is passionate about his food. We chose the combination of entree and a main course each. Lady Gaw had a lentil like soup, while I had a very tasty salad, then we both had the day's main course offering - gnocchi in a cheese sauce and a side salad with a dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cost for 2 was $45, which is very reasonable.

The main courses vary from day to day and what the Austrian chef feels should be served up - hope I don't go there when he's had an argument with his misses. We saw a guy attach a huge vegetarian burger with a vengeance. Judging by the big grin from him, we guessed it was a tasty burger - and he went back for a second burger.

The cafe also serves up great coffee and tea as well as a range of other goodies.

2 different dining area - inside with more traditional tables and chairs, or outside and sort of hippie style on low couches and coffee tables while watching the passing parade of people parading their pooches - which seems the "Margaret River in thing" to do.

Open lunch and dinner Wednesday - Sunday.

All up a great find and the prices were the clincher.

• trixee's Profile Photo

Berry Farm: Great scones!

by trixee Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Berry Farm sells a variety of gourmet food, fruit wines and vinegars. I'm sure they're all good, but we went there to have scones for afternoon tea, and it was absolutely lovely! The outdoor garden area was a little bit chilly being all under shade, but the ambience was delightful nevertheless, and we had lots of little birds coming up to our table (trying to get some food, of course!). I did end up buying a jar of the kirsch strawberry jam, which is what was served with our scones - what can I say, it was yummy!

Favorite Dish: Scones with jam and cream - warm and delicious!

• Birdwatching

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

VAT 107: Off the boil

by TheWanderingCamel Updated Apr 4, 2011

City style comes to the country

VAT 107 built its reputation on a great mix of sophisticated food made with the freshest and best of local ingredients and a smart but relaxed atmosphere. Locals and visitors alike come here looking for some of the most innovative food in town. Needless to say, the excellent wine list features the best of the local vintages.

The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - and accommodation is available .
    Dinner bookings are essential.

I have to say, things are not quite what they once were. When I first wrote this tip I included "served with professional style and good humour". Unfortunately, both were sadly missing on my last two visits. I'm not sure when I'll be giving them a third chance ... there'll need to be something irresistible on the menu - or MrL in whiting wihdrawal.

Favorite Dish: The menu changes very frequently to take advantage of whatever is freshest and at its best seasonally. Recently I had a delicious "Plat Blanc" - a tasting plate that included a little bowl of white bean and artichoke soup that was just perfect, a perfectly poached free range egg served on fresh asparagus and white polenta and a tiny twice-baked mushroom souffle.
    Mr L never fails to order the whiting when it's on the menu -and is never disappointed.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

The Spaghetti Bowl: A local institution

by TheWanderingCamel Updated Apr 4, 2011

Good pasta here!

Everyone who comes to Margaret River eats at the Spaghetti Bowl at some time. Some of us have been doing it for years. Big log fires and a warm and comfortable atmosphere make it just the place to head for on a cold wintry evening and the outdoor terrace is just as inviting on balmy summer nights.
    Whatever the weather, the generous serves of well-cooked pasta and house specialities will keep you well satified and, of course, there is a n extensive wine list featuring many of the local wines.

Favorite Dish: There's always something on the pasta menu to appeal, and the local venison is very good, however it is prepared.

• Jenelle7's Profile Photo

Embiar Seafood Bar Restaurant: Very Fresh Seafood

by Jenelle7 Updated Apr 4, 2011

View from Embiar

Don't be put off by the name, this restaurant is not all about seafood. They also cook a mean steak and their proper Ozzie breakfasts are to die for.
    This restaurant cooks some of the freshest seafood I have ever tasted, they also do a great selection of cocktails, and after a few of those, you may wish that you hadn't eaten so much of their very yummy food.
    The portion sizes were plenty for my partner and I, though those with a slightly bigger appetite may find they are left hungry.

Favorite Dish: I had the fresh snapper with mash and asparagus, and it was really good. My partner had the T-bone and he also said that it was cooked to perfection.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

VAT 107: The favours will assail your senses!

by Gwynneth Updated Apr 4, 2011

VAT 107

Established in 1999 by Jenny Spencer and Gary Cream, Vat 107 is unique in that is unites a little of the city to the country.

Oozing with VAT 107 style, you'll discover the polished floorboards and marble bars combines both city chic with clean and simple detail.

Favorite Dish: Chef Dany Angove has been with the Vat 107 since its conception. He has an extensive and intelligent knowledge of local produce using local and fresh seasonal produce from around the south-west region.

The menu changes with food trends however you are likely to find you can order popluar dishes like Dany's authentic seafood laksa, Szechuan duck and Cloverdene lamb.

Instant Answers: Margaret River

Comments

Margaret River Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Margaret River restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Margaret River sightseeing.

View all Margaret River hotels