Margaret River Tourist Traps

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Cape Naturaliste

by Kathrin_E Updated May 10, 2009
    All we saw of Cape Naturaliste

Cape Naturaliste can only be visited with a guided tour. Not only the lighthouse but also the cape itself, unlike Cape Leeuwin where you can walk the grounds on your own. Since the next tour was already sold out they wanted to make us wait for two hours. We said, no thanks, and left. So I have not seen anything of the cape and all I have is a photo of the top bit of the lighthouse. From the parking lot you cannot see anything of the coastline and there is nothing to do except browsing through the souvenir shop during waiting time.

Unique Suggestions: Come first thing in the morning, or be prepared for waiting.

• National/State Park

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

The Berry Farm, long drive and came away empty.

by sirgaw Written Mar 27, 2009

To tell the truth I was disappointed in The Berry Farm. Its a 15 kilometre drive from Margaret River and we saw none of the fresh berries that give the business its name. Although the products for taste and purchase at the cellar door were of a very high quality, they were also very expensive. Their range of pickles, chutneys and jams and the 3 fruit wines that we tasted were great. The ambience of the cellar door was first class, so too was the knowledge of the sales person. Perhaps I can suggest that if you are tempted to take the drive to the Berry Farm, taste by all means, but I saw very few of the visitors leaving with any purchases - maybe that speaks for itself.

The Berry Farm Cottage Cafe has a great setting amid a wide variety of flowers, shady trees and bushes. We were tempted to have lunch surrounded by such beauty, but the prices were, in our opinion "over the top." Their pie was listed at $25 as one example.

• Seniors

• trixee's Profile Photo

Local produce is not a scarcity

by trixee Updated Nov 2, 2007

A lot of the local farm produce - jams and so on, are also available in the local supermarket and in Perth, and are usually cheaper at those outlets. However, the variety may not be the same. So by all means buy some while you're there, but there's no need to go overboard.

Unique Suggestions: Just check the prices, if you think it's overpriced, it probably is.

• arianne_1504's Profile Photo

Tourists Pay More

by arianne_1504 Written Oct 2, 2006

I have seen this happen once and I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed it, but my friend saw something in a shop that took her fancy, but she wanted to walk around for a while and think about it before she bought. When we went back to the shop, the price had gone up $50!

Fun Alternatives: Don't look like a tourist.

• CandS's Profile Photo

The Mythic Maze

by CandS Updated Sep 14, 2004

If you're thinking about going here...don't bother... It's really a waste of time and money in my books. It's quite a way from anywhere and once you get there the maze is very poor...you can see through all of the hedges and it is very small.

My parents also visited a maze down near Augusta (Boranup Forest Maze) and they said it was even worse...

Unique Suggestions: Check out the town of Nannup instead...it's cute and has some great looking buildings. I'd recommend that over the maze for sure.

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Margaret River

Comments

Margaret River Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Margaret River tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Margaret River sightseeing.

View all Margaret River hotels