Did you mean?Try your search again
Climbing any of the old fire lookout trees is dangerous under certain conditions. In wet or windy weather the pegs can become very slippery. If you have a heart condition, unfit or obviously a fear of heights, don’t even attempt the climb. They recommend that no more than 4 people at a time be up the trees and climbing is certainly not recommended for children – certainly not to the very top. Make sure you wear sturdy footwear and other than maybe a camera, do not carry anything with you.
Written Jun 25, 2009
I stayed at the Forest Lodge a few weeks ago with my wife.
The positive points were:
1. Good Breakfast - a good range of fresh options, nice coffee
2. Nice setting with plenty of local wildlife
3. Heater and reverse cycle air-con in room
The negative points were:
1. Poor service - although in their website Forest Lodge claims to offer daily service of units, my deluxe guest room was not cleaned at all in the 3 days we stayed there. This was despite quite a few comments to the owners about this.
2. Greasy toilet/shower floor - perhaps I'm being too picky, but I noticed that the toilet/shower floors were a bit slimy and could certainly have done with a nice scrub down. After all, it was the "deluxe" room, nothing deluxe about slime on the floor.
3. Irregular hot water supply - the shower would intermittently turn cold, you can imagine the pleasant sensations :)
4. the TV set was grainy and had frequent static - might be time to upgrade the tv sets.
On balance a negative experience. Call me a fussy traveller, but I believe a place which calls itself 4 star should at least have clean toilets, constant hot water and uptodate TV. I would advise against staying at this hotel unless you really enjoy the wilderness setting.
Written Oct 4, 2005
Especially don't climb the Gloucester Tree if it is windy or has been raining, when the climbing pegs can be slippery...rest of warnings follow in the pic below.
Written Nov 14, 2005
5 Reviews and 56 Opinions The worst part about the hotel experience was waking up to find a dead mouse beside the bed. I don’t...
2 Reviews and 126 Opinions We heard all the hype and sadly believed it. Paid for what we thought was a four star suite but it...