Perth City, Perth

Know about this? Rate It!

Durty Nelly's: Good Pub Vibe

by cjg1 Updated May 23, 2012

Liz and I enjoying some cold beer (March 2012)

Durty Nelly’s is a traditional Irish Pub that my wife and I happened upon during one of our city walks. I found it funny that there is a Durty Nelly's in Perth; there is one back home that a friend of mine frequents. The Pub has an outdoor terrace and inside there are several seating areas for dining as well as bar seating. It was a bit hot outside with temperatures in the 90’s so we chose to sit inside for some drinks. We found a nice table with a booth to relax and enjoy some cold beer.

The Pub is exactly what I like; casual with a nice relaxed vibe. The patrons were a mix of workers on their lunch from construction to men in suits. We felt totally at home in our booth and enjoyed a break from the heat outside. The cold beer was perfect to quench our thirst and start off the afternoon.

The Pub has an extensive food menu with a large selection of appetizers, pizza, sandwiches, pasta, meat, seafood, fish and Irish specialties such as Guinness stew. Unfortunately my wife and I already had our lunch for the day so we couldn’t try any of the tasty food we saw passing by our table.

The Pub has daily specials which I think are pretty good value and live entertainment. I wish my local Pub back at home was this good…oh well I’ll have to come back here again.

Dress Code: Casual

The Globe Bar: Afternoon Drinks

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

The Globe Bar is located in the Parmelia Hilton. My wife and I were staying at the hotel during our visit to Perth. Unfortunately this hotel does not have an Executive Lounge for Hilton Diamonds but they did provide us drink vouchers to use at this bar.

We enjoyed some late afternoon drinks here at the bar before catching a shuttle to the airport for our flight to Hong Kong. Service here is very good. The staff opened up the dining room area of the bar for us since there were no bar seats available; good service. A container with mixed salted nuts were put on the table...very tasty with lots of cashews.

The bar is a nice place to grab a drink; open seating plan with lots of windows. It was full of the afterwork set catching some Happy Hour drinks before heading home. There was also a group of models(here for a casting in one of the ballrooms) that were causing a stir in the bar since everyone assumed they were prostitutes based on their lack of clothing....made for some interesting conversations.

The Bohème Bar & Restaurant: Some Beer to Beat the Heat

by cjg1 Updated Mar 13, 2012

Got beer?

This bar was a short walking distance from our hotel on a busy corner of Murray Street. After a walk by the River we stopped in here for some cold beer to beat the mid day heat as well as a snack. The pub was pretty busy when we arrived but we found a table right by one of the large windows looking our onto the sidewalk.

After perusing the menu we decided to share an order of garlic bread along with some Hahn's Super Dry. Beer here is a little pricier that other places but Perth isn't exactly a cheap town to drink in. Food orders are placed at the counter then you are handed a pager that will light up when your order is ready for pick up. Personally I love this concept and wish it was the same way back at home.

By the time I picked up our food; the place was jam packed inside and at the outdoor tables. It appears that this place is popular with workers on their lunch break; the majority of the crowd was in suits. The crowd made for some interesting people watching....

The garlic bread here was decent; nothing to rave about but it quelled the hunger. If we were a bit hungrier I would have indulged in one of their pizzas or fish n chips on the menu.

All in all; I was a comfortable place to kick back and enjoy a snack and some beer out of the heat.

Dress Code: Anything goes during the day from shorts to suits.

Nightime they post"appropriate dress": no shorts, sneakers, cut off shirts etc.

The George: Drinks with St George

by arianne_1504 Written Sep 27, 2011

Situated on St George's Terrace near Cloisters Square is the George. Beautifully converted from an old Commonwealth Bank branch, the George is a nice place to go for a drink after work. If you become a member, they host a last Tuesday of the Month evening, which entitles you to two free drinks and canapes.

Dress Code: Dress nice, think the business crowd.

Perth City: The Cheeky Sparrow

by arianne_1504 Updated Sep 2, 2011

One of Perth's newest trendy little cafe bars, this place is full of spunk. Great menu, great music, cute little change dishes, awesome looking menu and cool decor, this place warms the cockles of your heart.

The Mandarin Martini is to die for!

Very, very cute.

Mon-Sat 7am-12am
    Sun 12pm-12am

Helvetica: Helvetica

by arianne_1504 Updated Apr 4, 2011

A fantastic little bar, hidden away in the laneways of Perth's CBD. This place looks funky, plays a great mix of music and is just what Perth needed.

Open Sun, Mon, Tue by reservation, Wed/Thurs 3-12, Friday 12-12 (1am trading permit pending) and Saturday 6-12 (1am trading permit pending).

Wolfe Lane Bar: Crying Wolfe

by arianne_1504 Updated Feb 25, 2011

One of Perth's newest wine bars, thanks to some new small bar laws of recent, Wolfe Lane Bar lies on Wolfe Lane between Hay & Murray Street in Perth, and behind King Street. Think New York bar, with cocktails and tapas. Open Wed-Sat: 2pm-midnight and Sun: 2pm-10pm. Not one of Perth's cheapest watering holes that's for sure, but nice vibe for one or two wines before heading out for the night. I really like this place because it's not crowded to the hilt, it has a nice relaxed vibe and at the moment they have $10 mojitos between 4pm and 6pm!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

The Lucky Shag: Great views!

by Gillybob Updated Aug 1, 2010

Lucky Shag bar

This bar-cum-restaurant is situated right alongside the Swann River and has great views across to South Perth. During the day it has a very relaxed feel to it and is a popular venue for after-work drinks by those employed in the CBD.

Opening hours :
    Monday to Thursday - 11:00 - midnight
    Friday and Saturday - 11:00 - 01:00
    Sunday - 11:00 - 22:00

Dress Code: Come as you are - everything seems to be acceptable.

• Wolfe Lane Bar: Evening tipple

by Courtney111 Written Jan 28, 2010

Wolfe Lane has top shelf drink selection and offers an intimate environment designed for conversation and meeting people. Furniture makes it the perfect place to kick back and relax. Friday to Sunday opens as the afternoon progresses, while the late evening sees some of Perth’s best DJ talent and live performances on show.

Aldas Bar: Fashion Designers Bar

by leanne_pearc Written Jul 3, 2009

During the weekdays this place serves lunchtime paninis and on the weekend its a small bar. Great on a friday night if you can get in....lots of wine choices...located in a CDB laneway.

Dress Code: Casual and smart casual

The George: High end Bar

by leanne_pearc Written Jul 3, 2009

The George is a fancy bar and restaurant located on St Georges Terrace. This bar is busy all week long. Friday night is always packed often with workers at round 5pm, often a line at the front from 6pm!

Great variety of drinks available and the bar is very elegant. Reminds me of a bar that James Bond would go to!

Dress Code: Dressy....no sneakers for guys. Make sure you are dressed to kill!

Perth City: Friday Nights in Perth

by leanne_pearc Written Jan 26, 2009

The bars and pubs in the CDB are lively on a Friday night. All the city workers knock off work at 5pm and head to places like the Belgium Bar, Tiger Lil's, Irish pub, The Rydges, 1907 to name a few

Basically along Murray street/Kings street area you will find a number of pubs and bars,

• arianne_1504's Profile Photo

Carnegies: Carn't be Bothered Waiting 1/2 Hr for a Cocktail!

by arianne_1504 Written Jan 3, 2009

I've only been here twice and have to say I haven't enjoyed it either time. This particular time I happened to arrive on a Wednesday night - which happened to be half price cocktails night. I waited for a drink for over 40 minutes and I was standing right at the front of the bar in front of several bartenders. Not impressed.

Tiger Lil's: Eye of the Tiger

by arianne_1504 Updated Dec 29, 2008

Tiger Lil's is an absolutely feast for the eyes. Being in love with the sights of Asia, I thought this place was divine. Beautiful silk lanterns adorn the ceiling, and the art around the place is fantastic. I have to say though, unless you are booked in for a meal Fri and Sat, this place is extremely busy. The food is absolutely awesome and the cocktails are to die for. Try the Matahari - Vanilla, Peach and Butter Lemon: A toast to the great Parisian and Tiger Lil’s signature cocktail. Let our darling Mata Hari beguile you with a delicate nose of mandarin, a sweet hit of vanilla & Marie Brizard Peche and then entice you with a mellow lemon butter Matusalem Gran Reserva Rum finish, twisted with light cardamom spiced undertones .

Tiger Lil's is available for functions and there are regular events held here as well.

Dress Code: Same as any nice bar/restaurant venue. Respectable dress. No work shoes (ie. steel caps).

Hula Bula Bar: Hulabaloo

by arianne_1504 Written Nov 19, 2008

Dress Code: If you like kitsch, you won't get better than this in Perth. Think Gilligans Island.

Regular theme nights held.

Open Wed 4pm - 12pm, Thurs 4pm - 12pm, Fri 4pm - 1am, Sat 6pm - 1am, Tues & Sun for functions.

Instant Answers: Perth