The Pinnacles, Perth

Pinacles Perth
    by aussirose
    by keeweechic
    by keeweechic

Know about this? Rate It!

• sunset_gal's Profile Photo

A Desert in the Middle of Nowhere!

by sunset_gal Updated Feb 24, 2010

This was taken at a desert near the Pinnacles. This place is not easy to find at all. Found this place just minutes off the road from the Pinnacles. If you're coming back from the Pinnacles, you will see it on the left-hand side.

But all you can see from the road are ALOT of branches, plants, grass, and you have to cross all of these to see the desert. Crossing that took me almost 20 minutes! But it seemed longer than that! Got cuts on my calf. But it was WORTH all that trouble.

More about it in my Perth > Pinnacles travelogue! :-)

-----

Branch in Desert
    • Desert

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Updated Jun 21, 2009

I have lived in Perth for 6 years and never visited this place until just recently.
    After the big vt meet in Perth - April 2007, a small group of us decided on the spur of the moment to jump in the car and head up north about 3 and a half hours drive to check out the Pinnacles....and we were not dissapointed.
    I totally recommend you do this trip and I'd like to share with you our adventure - link below

Pinnacles

Pinnacle Tours have been recommended to me by a few visitors to Perth. I see their buses all the time here in Perth - so I'd like to recommend that you choose this company if you are doing a day trip to the Pinnacles - see the website below.

Pinacles Perth
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

by keeweechic Updated Aug 16, 2003

Try and visit the Pinnacles either early in the morning, when the sun is rising, or late in the afternoon. A really amazing site. The sand dunes along the coast are spectacular.

The area around Cervantes is popular with off road drivers and there are many tracks along the beach and the surrounding sand hills.

• Eco-Tourism

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

The Pinnacles Desert -

by keeweechic Updated Jul 1, 2003

The Pinnacles Desert, Cervantes is 257 kms north of Perth. You can drive or take a half day tour from Perth. The sandy desert is known for its peculiar limestone pillars ranging from a few centimetres in height to some towering 5 metres. They are calcified spires of around 30,000 years old which have been gradually uncovered by erosion. The main group are known as the Tombstones.

• Eco-Tourism

by Jillworld Updated Feb 2, 2003

These limestone pillars are called the Pinnacles. They can be found at Nambung National Park, about 250 kms north of Perth. While this area was beautiful, it was a little bit anti-climatic. I'm not sure that I would have made a separate trip to see them, but it was well worth the photo-stop on our roadtrip up the coast.

Instant Answers: Perth