Cicerellos, Perth

• Jenelle7's Profile Photo

Cicerellos: Great Fish and Chips

by Jenelle7 Written Aug 5, 2004

View from Cicerellos

Cicerellos is known as the best place for fish and chips and they are not wrong. The seafood here is always fresh and whatever you order you know that it has been cooked to perfection.
    The chips at cicerellos always come to you crunchy, not soggy like some other places.
    You might think that the prices are quite expensive for a fish and chip place, but once you taste the food you will understand why.
    We went to the Cicerello's in Mandurah, and the setting on the ocean was worth paying that little bit extra.

Favorite Dish: The squid rings are very good.

• leanne_pearc's Profile Photo

Cicerellos: Seafood on the harbour!

by leanne_pearc Written Nov 29, 2002

Recently renovated this restaurant is great for Sunday lunches or Friday night dinners. Of course only seafood is on the menu however there is an onsite Cafe. The restaurant boast Fremantle's history and even has a large aquarium on display.

Favorite Dish: The traditional fish and chips

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Cicerellos: on the ocean

by traveloturc Written Jun 27, 2006

cicerellos

I think that Cicerello’s is one of the best seafood restaurant in Freemantle and Perth as well.The way that they serve is superb.You can without any hesitation no doubt that the sea food is fresh .For the curious people they have also an aquarium which they preserve live fishes too.Briefly you can enjoy your fishes sitting in the dock of the bay ...

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Cicerellos: Large variety of seafood dishes to choose from

by UKDaisy Written Feb 10, 2006

Having heard so much about Cicerellos, I had to go check it out for myself. I was pleased with the large variety of seafood on offer, not just fish & chips as I had expected. But don't come here if you're looking for a place for a romantic meal. You order your food from the counter, and seat yourself at the many tables inside the restaurant, and also outside by the water (although, there are many birds that try to attack your food).

• dotwg1's Profile Photo

Various...

by dotwg1 Updated Sep 17, 2003

TAKA: Fast, yummy & affordable Japanese take-away.

Traditional Italian restaurant: The Roma, near the Round House at the end of High St. Fremantle. No bookings allowed. Waiting time is abt 20mins. Closed on Sundays.

Young Joe's closed now. It's not a posh restaurant but they serve one of the best Chilli Mussels in town! It's in Northbridge near corner of Lake Street and Francis St. (opp. Elephant and the Barrel-Irish pub).

Luigi's used to be situated at the basement of Old Papa's Cafe in Fremantle. Now Old Papa's has moved diagonally opposite along the same street, South Tce. Beautiful Garlic Prawns and other delicious mains like steak and grilled fish.

Cicerillo at Fremantle Harbour serves good fish & chips. Another good place is Caesar's at Fremantle too (behind TimeZone).

Burswood's Atrium Buffet has a good spread of selection for your tastebuds. Adjacent to the Atrium is the Casino or you may have a relaxing drink or two at the piano bar. Visit its homepage at: http://www.burswood.com.au/
    Another good place for a sumptous buffet is Jetty's at Hillary's Boat Harbour.

'Hoi's Kitchen' Chinese Dim Sum or 'Yum Cha' restaurant is one of the few really authentic dim sum you can find. Usually crowded on weekends and be prepared to wait at least 15-20 minutes for a seat!

• Cicerellos: Fish and Chips

by gerberra Written Mar 13, 2005

I read about the good reviews on the fish and chips served at Cicerellos, so it was a must-try on my list before i went Perth.

Was kind of disappointed as i found the fish and chips too oily for my taste buds. Esp since the previous day i ate at fish and chips at another place which was surprisingly good (read my other review on Equinox).

What i found interesting about Cicerellos was actually not about the food..it was this electronic device that they give out to diners. Once the food is ready, the device will beep and we can collect the food.

Overall, the experience of dining al-fresco near the harbour and with sea gulls flying around was a pleasant one.

• Aida: Lone women give this place a miss

by margs Written Oct 12, 2004

Do not go to Aida in Northbridge if you are a woman dining alone. I wouldn't even chance it if I was in a group of women.This place was fairly new when I was there so one would think it would welcome business. When I walked in I was given the worst table in the place, yes, the one by the washroom. I asked for a new table. I was then moved, but was basically ignored by the servers. People who had arrived after me were served first. It was insulting and demeaning and was the only bad memory I have of Perth.

• John_Kaye's Profile Photo

Cicerello's: Cicerello's

by John_Kaye Written Aug 26, 2002

Doesn't look much more than a big fish & chip restaurant but it has a bit more too it than that. Excellent F&C but the specials were amazing (have a look at the chilli mussels too). Fremantle Marina, sunny day, outdoor seat, great seafood and an ice cold beer- I don't think life could get much better (maybe dancing girls or something but you can't have everything).

Favorite Dish: Thai Sweet Chilli Squid

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Cicerellos: When I was a kid I loved going here with my family

by Madasabull Written Dec 16, 2013

As I was brought up in Perth after emigrating from the UK, my mum and dad missed Fish and Chips, and so sought out the best Fish and Chip shop in Perth.

Our local chippy in Gosnells Perth was great, when ever you asked for chips they would put fresh cut chips in a basket of your size, then straight in the deep fryer. OK, so you have to wait a bit longer than you would if you were in the UK where it seemed a lot of the chippy's had partly cooked chips earlier to save time, their time and your time. But not at most in Perth back then.

But the best Chippy as a child, was Cicerellos in Fremantle Perth. We would drive for 30 miles to get there, but we always looked forward to it and loved the big bags of chips. We would get them and then sit at the beach to eat them.

When I was back there last in 2006, the kind of large chippy that was there before, had gone, and now there was this huge building, I mean huge for a Chippy. So big and so busy, that after I made my order, they gave me a little electric buzzer to hold and get out of the way. When my order was ready, my buzzer would go off and I went running.

The food items had grown to dozens and dozens of items that were not on the menu before, more fish choices and shellfish included.

I have to admit, it wasn't as I remembered, but it was still good, and still worth going.

Instant Answers: Perth