Saigon Cafe and Resturant, Perth

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Saigon Cafe & Noodle Restaurant: Enjoy Saigon in Perth

by xuessium Updated Jan 14, 2006

BBQSauceChicken&SzechuanScallops

This is one place me & my mate returned a second time simply because the food was good, economical, hearty and delicious.

Nothing much in the day of decor - the typical faux Asian-Chinese decor thing, a Chinese style screen here, a few Vietnamese scenic photos there; really non-descript.

You don't come here for the decor. For one thing, you can't eat them.

Service varies - come during peak hours (dinner time) and you may be hard pressed to find excellent service as the staff, seemingly understaffed at the time we were there, were spread thin. I had to go find the teapot myself to re-fill, failing miserably to get the attention of the few blurry staff that rushed past my table. On the other hand, if you arrive early, way before rush hour traffic, you'll get good, smiling & attentive service.

Opens 7 days a week. 10am till late.

Favorite Dish: -Pho Bo (Vietnamese Souped Beef Noodle)
    -The 5-spice Pork Chop

I recommended some friends to visit the restaurant during their visit to Perth after but they complained that the food was not tasty enough. I thought the food was plenty authentic myself but maybe it just wasn't their taste. (Afterall, many Viet food in my home country has been altered to make it spicier and loaded up with salt/MSG)

The restaurant also served faux-Asian/Chinese food such as Mongolian Lamb, Szechuan Scallop etc but they are not as good/authentic as the Vietnamese dishes.

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo

Saigon Cafe and Resturant: Vietnamese Food

by FOotFetish Updated Jul 4, 2004

sorry, the pic's bit dark

I recommend this cafe/resturant for its good food and affordable prices. Menu are located outside the door.

Favorite Dish: Try broken rice or broken noodles. *lol*
    I am not kidding...it's just the way they are named.

• pollon's Profile Photo

If you like vietnamese cuisine...

by pollon Written Aug 25, 2002