City Beach, Perth

4.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

• Another view of City Beach -- nice rollers
    Another view of City Beach -- nice...
    Me at City Beach
  • View of City Beach from our friend's back porch
    View of City Beach from our friend's...
  • Stargazer1's Profile Photo

City Beach, Perth

by Stargazer1 Written Feb 17, 2007

I went to Perth on a business trip in 2004. My co-worker and I went for three weeks. One weekend, we visited his colleague at his house overlooking City Beach. We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the ocean. My colleague had to put his feet in the Indian Ocean, his first time. Although it wasn't my first time, I joined him.

City Beach, Perth Another view of City Beach -- nice rollers Me at City Beach View of City Beach from our friend's back porch
    • Beaches

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

by bryINpoland Updated Jul 28, 2005

Located just 8 km west from Perth, and about 2 km south of Scarborough, City Beach is definitly one of the most beautiful beaches you will find along the Perth Coast.

I was really suprised by some of the surf i saw coming thru this beach. There was a powerful shore break, that thundered when it broke upon the beach. But for such a powerful shore break, the water was crystal clear.

The beach is situated between two man made rock groynes, with a life saving observation tower sitting ontop the southern groyne. The beach is patrolled by the City Beach Surf Life Saving Club. The club was established in 1924.

In 1999, City Beach won the Best Beach Award, because of its crystal clear water, great sand, and for the safety provided by the Surf Club. The beach is also another popular spot for some of Western Australias beach volleyball tournaments. Its definitly worth a visit if you have the time.

Click on the following link for my Perth beach map. Perth Beach Map

City Beach Shore Break
    • School Holidays
    • Beaches
    • Surfing

• interrailerz's Profile Photo

by interrailerz Written Dec 11, 2004

We saw 2 beaches: City Beach and Cottesloe Beach.
    This one is the City. It's nice and quiet, especially in early November, when it wasn't yet summer.

Instant Answers: Perth

Comments

Hotels Near City Beach
3.5 out of 5 stars