Renting a Car, Perth

Know about this? Rate It!

There logo
    by Wicked46
    The Camry we got, perfect for my height
    by Wicked46
    Our rented vehicle
    by walterwu
  • You ain't going nowhere without a car

by canicelim Written May 5, 2003

Perth is one of those places where public transportation is for commuter traffic. Past peak hours, chances are, you are going to find it difficult to get around.

I would defintely rent a car. Cabs are expensive and hard to find and you'll have to call to get one.

Plus, having a car means that you can take off anywhere, north or south of the city for getaways to the South West where you will find wine country, karri forests and amazing coastlines -

OR

Drive north where the landscape is remarkably different, coastline decidedly more rugged and where humble seaside resorts are.

• Gnome's Profile Photo

Perth is a very modern city...

by Gnome Written Aug 24, 2002

Perth is a very modern city with excellent freeways and relatively quiet roads. You'll definitely want a car to get around.

Instant Answers: Perth

• Mar 27, 2014 at 12:54 AM

We booked online a Toyota Corolla hatch from Bayswater car rental from their WA office at 381 Guildford Rd, Bayswater, WA. for travel on 15Mar-22Mar2014. This is the cheapest quote I've found after many searches. We received fast and efficient service on the car collection day, the car was very clean and even as auto cruise function. We took the insurance option of only S$6/day which was the cheapest amongst all other car rental companies and it covers everything. Our deposit of A$50 was fully refunded the very next day we dropped our car after their working hours. The two staff, one of them a Chinese, attending to us were very friendly and efficient. One of them even offered to lend us a thick book of street directory. I'm very glad I chose this company despite the many bad comments I saw in the net which did caused me to hesitate and ponder for quite a long time. Maybe rival companies were trying to lessen their business. Cheap daily car rental rate, good and clean car, friendly service, fast & efficient staff, easy online booking, insurance is cheap and covers everything - I highly recommend this company.

• Jan 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Bad experience with Backpackers Car Rental in South Freo. The car broke down within 1 hr and had to be towed back to the depot. The lady at the desk assured me I would get a full refund but after 2 weeks when I had my bond back I sadly found they charged me $74 in bank and cancellation fees. "It's our policy" they explained, because I refused to take another car.
    They're absolutely right but hey! beware of these people and their hidden costs...