Connors Mill is probably the focal point of Toodyay. The mill was built in 1870 by a local builder to grind the locally grown wheat. This was the third one to be built in the Toodyay district and was built for Dan Connor who had his house and store next to the site. The Mill is now known as the Moondyne Gallery and is a fine example of a working flour mill. The original 19th century machine is still there being driven by a 27 tonne tonne steam engine. You will see and read all about the operation of the mill and even life on the 3rd floor in the living quarters. It is apparently the only flour mill in Australia to have twins born on the top floor.
The Mill is open from 9am - 5pm daily. Tickets can be bought at the visitor centre.
The pews which were sawn and made locally by convicts and the floorboards are still the original. The church sits opposite Connors Mill and on the banks of the Avon River.
The old bee smoker is used to puff out the smoke which has a quietening effect on the bees. The smoker is filled with pine needles and set on fire.