Places to eat in Fiji

Most Viewed Restaurants in Fiji

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

Lagoon Restaurant: Don't Miss the BREKKY Buffet at SOFITEL FIJI!

by AusPinay Updated Apr 4, 2011

The breakfast buffet at Sofitel's Lagoon Restaurant was truly special as we were there during the Christmas season so we were spoilt for choice!

A wide array of western and local food were big temptations to our taste buds! They have every sort of food good for brekky so no need to enumerate! Let's just say we tried to go every other day the 6 nights we were there! We Also stayed in another hotel near the airport but the food at Sofitel is way better plus the ambience, service, etc.

There's music too even at early 8 am courtesy of the Fijian singers!

Favorite Dish: We love the fresh fruits and baked goods too! They were really excellent and fresh!

• mike_driver22's Profile Photo

Kim Place: Good Food with lots of Variety

by mike_driver22 Written Nov 12, 2008

This was a great place to eat, nice and cheap - with a good variety of dishes (traditional Fijian food as well as more normal dishes). You go upstairs to the restaurant and can look out amoungst the view of the town and the sea front.

The service was really quick and always came with a smile.

Favorite Dish: The Fijan Dishes- were so different than anything i have ever had!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

First Landing Resort Restaurant: Dinner and a show

by malianrob Written Aug 15, 2008

We landed at the Marina In First Landing Resort. This is where they say the first Fijian people arrived on the island many many years ago. The resort looks very nice. You walk through the bar area then get seated for dinner. The service is excellent here like on most of the island. The people really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. We then listened to a string band entertainment while we waited for for 3 course dinner. After dinner there was a polynesian show followed by Samoan fire dancing outside,

Favorite Dish: Rob had the lobster seafood plate which he said it was very good. I had a chicken teriyaki with steammed veggies and a sweet mashed potatoe. Our meals included some sort of seafood appetizer with fruit. The way everything was presented on your plate was very nice and fancy. I thought the food was ok. Rob thought it was great. We also had a dessert afterwards.

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

THE CAFE at SHERATON: TRY SHERATON'S Restos too!

by AusPinay Written May 19, 2008

If you want quick food but still prepared fresh and cooked to order, then the Cafe at Sheraton is ideal!

We got tired to eating at our hotel- SOFITEL FIJI so we took the free BULA bus which goes around the island and found Sheraton's cafe which also serves yummy milkshakes and other varieties of coffee and drinks!

Favorite Dish: My fave is the clubhouse which was really good!

• Spa and Resort

• leebee1's Profile Photo

The Plantation Restaurant: The best food I have ever eaten!!!

by leebee1 Written May 7, 2006

We actually had our wedding reception at The Plantation Restaurant.

An absolutely wonderful dining experience. The restaurant caters for a maximum of 24 guests and the service is immaculate!!! MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS!

Must wear formal attire, ambience is perfect! Dimly lit with beautiful music...Small and cozy.

All our guests were non stop raving about the food!!!!!!!!!!!

A must do in Fiji!

Favorite Dish: Oh my god...

You must order the duck and lobster salad (entree). This dish was the meal of the night!

Ive never experienced such a flavour infusion - simply cannot find words to describe it!

• IcemanNZL's Profile Photo

McDonalds: What the ....???

by IcemanNZL Updated Dec 29, 2003

I would have never thought that Fiji would get a McDonalds but i was wrong. The last trip we took, driving down the road in a bus the golden arches rose up from behind a palm tree.

So for all those who cant get enough of fast food outlets, Fiji as now got one.

• bjmd22's Profile Photo

Resturaunt at Royal Sheraton Nadi: Good way to burn $F50

by bjmd22 Written Aug 18, 2003

The friday night buffet at the Sheraton was a very nice way to spoil myself, at least for one night. I met some ladies from NZ on a day cruise, they invited me to dinner with them at the Sheraton. The buffet was amazing. Carved butter sculptures, shushimi tuna the whole nine yards.

• bjmd22's Profile Photo

Snack Stands: Cheap food in the cities

by bjmd22 Written Aug 7, 2003

I had a hard time finding really cheap food in fiji, but when I found it, I realized I had been walking by it the entire time. The snack stands that line the streets, and the small resturaunts with buffet lines often have Fish and chips for $F1 or a curry filled Roti for some change....real bargins and really good stuff

• geanster's Profile Photo

JJ's Bar & Grill: Nice atmosphere, Slow service...

by geanster Written Jun 27, 2003

JJ's Bar & Grill was a trendy restaurant we went to one night. It ended up taking more than an hour and a half to get our food which was only just okay I thought. The atmosphere was very nice though and the clientele mostly consisted of "European's" which is what many of the Fijian's call us white folk as it's easier than deciphering our different nationalities.

I can suggest that you do not order the tortilla chips and salsa as they brought me out a dish of what was basically ketchup and pico de gala mixed in. Ugh. I learned that the country does not pride itself on anything tomato-based. :)

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• geanster's Profile Photo

Little local spot in the Suva Handicrafts center.

by geanster Written May 5, 2003

We ate at many of the nicest spots in Suva including JJ's, and Mad Dog Cafe, however the service always took ages and to me,the food was just mediocre. One day while we were toying around the handicraft center there, my friends family stopped in there to eat. It's totally the epitomy of hole in the wall. I think it was all asian food and curry's. But very fast service, delicious chicken stir fry and rice, and only like 4 fijian dollars ($2 USD) for enough for dinner and lunch the next day. They automatically serve the stirfry with dalo, the super starchy equivelent of the potato, so I specifically asked for rice.

• Jez79's Profile Photo

The Wicked Walu: The Wicked Walu

by Jez79 Updated Feb 28, 2003

The restaurant is on a little island in front of the Warwick. Guests can sit at the bar, inside the main bure or out on the deck overlooking the ocean. Guests are welcomed with Yaqona (kava) and the staff are all very friendly. The sand floor gives the place a relaxed atmosphere. There is often a group of Fijian singers strollong around with their guitars. Joe, one of the waiters, is particularly good value. Vily, one of the chef's, is also great.

Favorite Dish: Walu fillet with rice and vegetables - this meal is to die for. We ate it three nights out of 6 because there's nothing comaprable we've seen in Australia. It's F$23 a pop but well worth it.

• Spa and Resort

• Curry Restaraunt ,Bounty...

by renres828 Written Aug 26, 2002

Curry Restaraunt ,Bounty Restaraunt The Corner..all in Nadi...lots of local takeaway
    places...with chinese ,indian or fijian menu...where locals eat...
    curry res.is real indian cusine,bounty low cost dinner menu...steaks fish, lamb etc
    the corner..fast food all are very inexpensive compare to the state..great lobster here as welll]

Favorite Dish: lokoda...a fish soup..made with cocunut milk fish and chips very fresh ,,the eggs ars
    superb..golden yolks yummie

• mocca's Profile Photo

As I was backpacking after a...

by mocca Written Aug 26, 2002

As I was backpacking after a year in Australia I didn't have much money to go out and eat, so I just ate at small local places, where the food was excelent, a bit spicy for some.

Favorite Dish: As there are lot of people from India, you can get excelent curries, so for curry lovers there are lot's to choose from

• Kaimu's Profile Photo

POONS ... You must meet...

by Kaimu Written Aug 26, 2002

POONS ... You must meet Poon(the owner). The place used to be downstairs from where it is now. He has really gone all out with the upgrades. When I first went there in the mid 80's he served pineapple juice in a can, with a straw. 'Whatsa mada you? We no hava grass!'
    POON IS POON !!

Favorite Dish: Curry fish ...

• Jez79's Profile Photo

Vilisite's: Vilisite's

by Jez79 Written Aug 26, 2002

Vilisite's is the first Fijian owned restaurant in the country and has a great relaxed atmosphere. You eat on the deck facing the ocean in a quiet area of the Coral Coast. A three course meal starts at about F$20. There is a (somewhat pricey) souvinier shop and some accommodation also on the premises.
    The walk to the restaurant is also half the fun, as the locals are likely to stop and chat to yuo along the way. The restaurant also has it's own transport if you need to get back to your accommodation.

Favorite Dish: Kokoda - this restaurant has the best kokoda (pronounced kokonda) we tried while in Fiji. Kokoda is like a cold fish salad with garlic, coconut cream, onion and tomato. It tastes a lot better than you'd think and Vilisites version is delicious.

Fiji Hotels

Savusavu Hotels
22 Reviews - 88 Photos
Makongai Island Hotels

Instant Answers: Fiji

Comments

Fiji Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fiji restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fiji sightseeing.
Map of Fiji