Viti Levu Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Viti Levu

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Bounty Island

by malianrob Updated Aug 14, 2008

We also made it to this island and spent the day here. It was definitely bigger that South Sea Island. The beach here was beautiful here to but the beach was full of rock and coral too. I am not complaining though. It was beautiful. Alexis and I walked on the beach picking up sea shells and exploring the island. We also saw a shark that scared us to death! We were walking on the beach close to the water. Alexis was closer to the water than I was. Something caught our attention; it was a school of fish. They were beautiful colors and they were so close to the shore. All of the sudden something swam close to us. We could see into the water because it was so clear that it was a shark. It wasn’t very big but big enough to make me think twice about swimming in the water very far. I don’t even know what kind of shark it was or if it was dangerous or not but I wasn’t about to find out. I did have my camera handy but the shark was too fast and swam away.
    Bounty Island is a five minute catamaran ride from South Sea Island. It is about 48 acres big with a small resort. I think I would actually stay here next time. Other than snorkeling, and kayaking the only other thing to do here is chill on the beach. There is a small pool and restaurant here too. For kids there is fish feeding and volleyball and all the activities are free.
    Besides walking around on the beach we really didn’t do much here except hang out at the beach and fall asleep under the palapas. It was so relaxing and very peaceful. At around 3pm the resort staff brought out cookies and coffee all free for whomever wanted some.
    When it was time to leave the staff sang to us farewell just like they greeted us when we got to the island. I really liked this place.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

South Sea Island

by malianrob Written Aug 14, 2008

South Sea Island is the closest of the Mamanuca Group of islands. It is about a 20 minute boat ride from Denarau Island. This is also the smallest of the islands. I thought they were joking that in 5 to 10 minutes you can walk around the entire island. But it is true! This island is great for kids because there is no way they can get lost. The staff also makes sure they have something to do or if you chose to do nothing, that’s another option. It was a great place to relax on the beautiful beach, to snorkel, or kayak.
    The water was so clear and clean. We were swimming with fish and we could be neck deep in the water and still see our feet.
    On the down side, the beach is all rock and coral. It made it difficult to walk around with no shoes. We didn’t have our water shoes so walking was some times painful unless we had our slippers. It would also be hard to lay in the sun on only a towel. Luckily though there were many lounge chairs under palapas and regular chairs.
    Whenever the drums play you knew something was about to start,like snorkeling on an outer reef, or Finding Nemo Adventure. You can also snorkel on your own. All the water sports(non-motorized) are free. Lunch and drinks here were also included in the price to get here. Also all the drinks were unlimited including the beer and wine. The lunch was a great barbque lunch. The Bar-b-que consisted of steak, chicken, fish, sausage, rice, fruit, pasta, garden salad rolls and a cabbage salad. This was the best food I have had on the island so far. As we were eating our lunch there was a performance. The locals sang for us and did a great show.
    For those of you who had enough of the ocean, there is also a pool in the middle of the island to enjoy.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Take me to the Beach!

by Hewer Written Sep 5, 2004

The Beach at Tambua Sands, Coral Coast

The biggest "must see" activity is obvious - the beach. The most famous beaches on the island of Viti Levu are on the Coral Coast - a 30-kilometer stretch of coastline in the south on the Queen`s Highway.

The waves break about 500 meters off shore. You can wade in crystal clear water for quite a distance. The waters are very calm so if you are after breakers, you might not enjoy it.

This was the view from our bungalow - magic stuff!

Instant Answers: Viti Levu

Comments

Viti Levu Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Viti Levu things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Viti Levu sightseeing.