Nadi Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Nadi

The Tourist Info in Port Denarau

by globetrott Written Aug 16, 2012

You will find a tourist-information-stand right at the place, where the tenderboats will unload their cruise-passangers. You will find various brochures there and local tourguides giving you infos about what you can do on your own on this island, in case that you have not booked one of the - mostly quite overpriced - tours that are offered in the tour-office of your cruiseship !
    Besides this official touristinfo you will also find various huts where local companies will advertise the tour-offers of their own company.

you will see great yachts in Port Denarau

by globetrott Written Aug 16, 2012

Port Denarau is a great place to watch out for some really exclusive yachts, just take a look at my extra pictures here as well. Quite mysterious was for me that giant grey yacht in my main picture and my 3rd picture, it looks like a russian spyboat from a James Bond Movie ! ;-)
    But my favorite ship there was of course the 2mast-sailingyacht that you will see in my 2nd picture !

great dance-shows

by globetrott Updated Aug 16, 2012

In the port of Port Denarau you will find a lot of shops around a small square, where you will be able to see various folk-dances of the local people !
    This happens of course mainly when big ships like ours arrive in port and they had a performance of about 1 hour in the morning and another show again in the afternoon.
    You will find some chairs there and you might also sit on the steps , but all of them are in the open sun, so maybe it will be the best to bring an umbrella with you.

• Photography

a great park around Port Denarau

by globetrott Updated Aug 16, 2012

Next to the port you will find a great park and some winding lagoons in that park and a circle-road that will take you to all of the different hotels & beaches around Port Denarau. And you will find there golf-courses and a perfect lawn.
    Of course you might walk there as well, but it is quite hot in the Fiji islands and so I decided to take the Bula-shuttlebus instead. - see my transportation-tip !

• Hiking and Walking

Cafes galore in Port Denarau

by globetrott Updated Aug 16, 2012

You will find lots of Cafes and restaurants facing the waterfront in Port Denarau in order to spend the day or wait for your tenderboat to take you back to your cruiseship.
    You actually cannot do anything else in Port Denarau than shopping, go to a cafe or restaurant, get some infos about the rest of the island in the tourist-office or take the Bula-bus to take you to one of the many hotels in the bay.

• Swimming with manta rays

by Maccabee Written Oct 5, 2011

We went on a cruise and were able to swim with the giant manta rays. It was the most beautiful experience, they are amazing and huge ! We were on a Captain Cook sailing safari staying at Barefoot lodge. There was a lookout on the island who saw the manta-rays in a nearby bay, so we all scrambled into the boat and were taken around to see them. I could have swam with them for ages, so mesmerising.

The sailing cruise was great too ! We stayed in little bures on the island, ate beautiful meals, watched the sunset from our bure, drank kava, sang songs, danced, relaxed - it was ideal for a couple of city chics who wanted to just chill out and relax.

Would love to go back one day with my kids and show them the giant manta rays.

• ChuckVT's Profile Photo

Snorkeling on the Coral Coast

by ChuckVT Written Mar 12, 2009

Just offshore of the Bedarra Inn is an extensive nearshore reef system which extends out about a quarter of a mile. It is full of tide pools up to 5 feet deep and provides endless opportunities for great, safe snorkeling, tidepooling and exploring. I walked out the edge of the nearshore reef where the bottom drops off and peeked over the side. The first thing I was was a white tipped shark. Although this was not the open ocean variety which is known to be dangerous, I stuck close to the shallows and caught some glimpses of the deep through grooves in the rock. The wave-driven currents were pretty strong here but if you could handle dragging your scuba gear out I'm sure you could have a great dive if you had a buddy with you.

Visit the Nadi street market

by malianrob Written Aug 16, 2008

I love to check out the local markets. I am not talking about supermarkets but local street markets. I ran into this one on accident. The smells and the chaos can be overwhelming. Theres alot of people and they are staring at you but they are friendly. Just watch your belonging. You can purchase some fruits and veggies and other knick knacs. It was an experience.

Sunset dinner cruise

by malianrob Written Aug 15, 2008

I dont know why I love these things but I do. We were picked up at our resort in a tourist bus and dropped off at the Denarau Port. From there we boarded a boat and had complementary champagne. The kids had fruit juice. We cruised around the bay and out into the ocean for a while as the sun set. Then we made our way to First Landing resort near Vudu Point. We disembarked here and had dinner at this resort. There was a fire show and live music. The service was great. the food was ok. The presentation of the food was excellent. Kekoa fell asleep and the staff actually brought out a cot and set it next to our table so he can sleep while I ate my dinner. Everything was included in the tour price except drinks (alcohol). After the 3 course dinner and show we got back on the ship had complementary coffee and tea and headed back to the port then our resort.
    The food could have been better but I still really liked this tour.

Denarau Port

by malianrob Updated Aug 15, 2008

The Denarau Port is a very busy wharf. From here you will catch many of your tours to different islands like the Mamanuca Group for the Yasawa Group of islands. At the port you can also do shopping for groceries and for souveniers. We stopped here to have dinner one night when we came back from an excursion. The Hard Rock Cafe, Cardo's steakhouse, an Italian restaurant and a few other restaurants are located here.
    Its a nice place to walk around. You can also change money at the change house, have ice cream although it was pricey here.
    There are tons of taxis here too.

Denarau Island

by malianrob Written Aug 14, 2008

People say that the beaches aren’t that beautiful here as in one of the other islands and while it is true that the beaches on any other island has more beautiful, clearer water, the beaches on Denarau Island are made of nice soft sand. The beaches aren’t dirty here but they are a little cloudy because of the run off from the mountains. Denarau Island isn’t really an island either, its separated by a very narrow creek from the main island.
    This is where we stayed at our timeshare. There are a few other resorts here like the Sofitel, Radisson, Westin, Hilton and a huge Sheraton that is closed right not and under going renovation. There are also a few condos and some very nice houses in this area. There is a Bula Bus that is free and it goes from resort to resort and to the Denarau Port where you can catch most of your tours.

Walk around Nadi Town

by malianrob Written Aug 14, 2008

You might want to take some time to walk around Nadi Town. Its one big street and a few small street that branch off the major road. You can find all kinds of souveniers, money changing locations, a few places to eat.
    You can probably spend a half a day here or a few hours. You might get harrassed alittle buy local vendors to come into their store and look around. They are usually not rude but sometimes alittle annoying. Nadi Town isnt pretty but it is unique and an interesting place to walk through.

• jerry_nishihira's Profile Photo

The Rendezvous Beach Resort

by jerry_nishihira Updated Aug 6, 2006

Ben & Naoko are the best. Good people, good food, good fun! You'll be back for sure. Surfing, diving, scuba, hiking or just relaxing. Very reasonable rates and good home ccoked meals by Ben's mom and her staff.
    Rendezvous is about a half hour ride from Nadi Airport. There are one, two and three bed units all with bath & shower units. I have been there twice and my friends have been there more. I will definitely be going back in the future.

• Beaches
    • Fishing

• kyoub's Profile Photo

South-Indian architecture

by kyoub Written May 21, 2006

Hindu Temple

There is not a lot of things to see of any great interest in Nadi . There is a large Hindu temple on the south end of the main street that is worth seeing. Sri Siva Subramanlya Swami Temple is the largest of its kind in the South Pacific and was built by craftsmen flown in from India.

• Architecture

• siver's Profile Photo

Natadola Beach and islands

by siver Written Feb 12, 2006

It is a beautiful beach and kond of isolated too. not very easy to reach. I took the public bus and then from the road to the beach, you can paid some local guys waiting at the bus stop to take you to the beach. Forgot how much I paid the guy, should not be expensive. The road is not paved. There is a india tample in Nadi, other than this, Nadi is just a city for people to hop over to other islands. I only had two days in Fiji. I took a day trip to Mana island.

Instant Answers: Nadi

Comments

Nadi Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Nadi things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nadi sightseeing.