Underwater Life, Bora-Bora

Know about this? Rate It!

Bora Bora Japanese Honeymooners
    by Helga67
  • jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Snorkeling Tip

by jmpncsu Written Jul 31, 2012

Favorite thing: So just about everyone goes snorkeling in Bora Bora and enjoys seeing the amazing underwater life. But here's a tip to enhance the experience. While snorkeling near overwater bungalows, have your spouse or significant other go up on the boardwalks and drop bread crumbs in the water. Chumming the water causes a colorful of explosion of fish to come out and eat the bread crumbs right in front of your face. It is truly an experience not to be missed. You will be amazed at the number and diversity of fish.

Fondest memory: It wasn't until we had been here a few days that we figured this trick out. But afterwards, we took a couple bread rolls from breakfast every morning and took turns chumming the water while the other one snorkeled. It was absolutely amazing. And after a little while, the fish caught on and would actually follow me around waiting for the bread crumbs to fall!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Remember to take your own Pictures!

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

Favorite thing: One thing I would definitely want to remind each of the VT members is to make sure you take plenty of pictures of yourselves while on the road. There are tons of trustworthy people on the tours, on the streets, and in the restaurants who would be more than happy to exchange photographer duties with you, to make sure you get this perfect shot.

Credit for this photo goes to a great guy named Marsilius from Canada who is currently serving his country proudly in Afghanistan.

Bora Bora Water Pictures

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Meet other Couples!

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

Favorite thing: One of my favorite things about Bora Bora is its diverse group of people who all seem to be here on a honeymoon or renewal of their vows! On our safari trip, we met 2 other groups of honeymooners, one from New Zealand and the other from Japan. Although we did not have alot of conversation, the universal language of hand gesture and picture taking was in full form. Just by a simple set of hand instructions, I was able to get this cute Japanese couple to smile for a pic underwater together!

Bora Bora Japanese Honeymooners

• Helga67's Profile Photo

Rays

by Helga67 Updated Jun 8, 2004

Fondest memory: One day, I was sitting on the deck of our bungalow and saw these leopard rays swimming by. First a group of four, one hour later a group of three.

It's so wonderful to see them gracefully swim by, what a pity that I wasn't in the water at that very moment.

There are quite some different kinds of rays that have their home in the lagoon of Bora Bora. When you are lucky, you can see the sting ray, manta ray or leopard ray. Of course, there are also excursions to feed the rays.

Leopard ray
    • Beaches

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Rainbow Lagoon

by nicolettart Updated Jun 11, 2003

Favorite thing: The underwater life: such colors! You could not get me out of the water! I snorkeled first thing in the morning and as the sun went down at night. Then I went inside my bungalow and watched the activity below through the glass in the floor.

Fondest memory: Listening to island music as I ate my mahi-mahi sandwich at lunch!

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Rays

by nicolettart Written Jun 10, 2003

Fondest memory: It has to be seeing a pair of spotted rays while snorkeling off my bungalow. I think they are called leopard rays. It was so beautiful to watch them move gracefully together through the water. It was so unexpected and a memory I won't soon forget!!

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Bora-Bora

Comments

Other Favorites in Bora-Bora