Bloody Mary's, Bora-Bora

by Helga67
  • captainwoody's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: My Favorite Restaurant on the Planet

by captainwoody Updated Jun 24, 2011

Powder white sand floor, friendly staff, great scenery; a true paradise experience.

This was my third visit to Bora Bora and Bloody Marys. We had sailed there the first two times. As cruising boaters, Rick and Craig have always gone out of their way to make our experience memorable. I know they do a lot for the tourist who fly in too. They run a shuttle to pick up and drop off land based travellers.

This time we were cruising Fr. Poly on boats on a 10 boat charter. We chose Bloody Marys as our location for our big gathering and party. Unbelievable food, wonderfully presented, great atmosphere and fun staff. It's everything you would expect from paradise.

Favorite Dish: They had Wahoo, in my opinion, the best tasting fish. You never see Wahoo. It was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing.

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: Everyone tells you to go there

by Bilimari Written May 27, 2007

Everyone on the island tells you to eat here at least once. When you come up to the entrance, you'll see a list of names of celebrities and famous people from around the world who ate at this place. It was actually a bit of turn off for me, but hey, I'm a tourist here, and I can handle one or two of these cheesy tourist restaurants. I just hoped that the meal was good. Well, it wasn't just good, but very good, it was excellent!!

Before you are lead to the table, you go to this section where meats and sea food are displayed. A guy explains to you each selection, which cut, how it's prepared, etc., and you pick your meal. The restaurant is a closed building, but the floor is filled with sand, it feels like you are on the beach.

Free pick up service.

Favorite Dish: I had a marinated tuna, which was the best tuna I've ever had!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: Atmosphere is the Key!

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

Bloody Mary's

We actually only had one night in Bora Bora, and it was our last real night in town, so we had to trust our VT friends to pick the restaurant to enjoy and remain in our minds. Thanks to you all, we chose to eat at Bloody Mary's. This restaurant has one of the best ambiances of any place I have ever enjoyed a meal at. The floor is all sand, there are no dinner menus, and the service is impeccable by waiters who are in traditional Tahitian outfits!

Favorite Dish: Sarah enjoyed the Wahoo in Soy, and I loved the Mahi Mahi in Mesquite Sauce.

• Helga67's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: Expensive but a "must-do"

by Helga67 Updated Jun 7, 2004

Bloody Mary's

This is a famous restaurant on Bora Bora and especially loved by Americans.

Before you will be brought to your table, you'll get an explanation of what is available that evening. They'll show you the catch of the day displayed on ice.

You will be sitting on a coconut stump under a huge thatched roof and on a white sand floor.

When your table is not available yet, you can drink your cocktail at the bar. Try the Bloody Mary, the house specialty ,or the frozen Margarita.

They offer free dinner transportation from several hotels. Ask for information at the reception desk.

Favorite Dish: The main course includes salad, rice and vegetables and the catch of the day to choose from (monkfish, tuna, swordfish, lobster ....)

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: Great seafood

by Agraichen Updated Jan 1, 2004

Tourist Trap but well worth the effort. Cotrary to the Roger's and Hamerstein song, this place has not been around since WW II, but it is one of the more famous tourist desitnations in Bora Bora.

A large thatched roof "hut" with sand for a floor just enhances the atmosphere. The walls are full of "cards" from the thousands (Millions?) of visitors from around the world.

Favorite Dish: Only stopped for drinks and snacks but the menu looked very appitizing. I'll update this in Feb 04 when I go back as I'll stop and eat.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's: Don't Miss the Wahoo!

by nicolettart Written Jun 6, 2003

entrance to Bloody Mary's

This tip can be considered a tourist trap, but it's one I could not resist. The food is good, and the atmosphere is great! This restaurant is a big thatched roof hut with a sand floor. When you walk in you are shown a display of fish and meat and you can pick what you want for your dinner. I liked being able to draw in the sand with my feet as I ate my dinner!

Favorite Dish: Try the wahoo..it was delicious!

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• holligolytly's Profile Photo

Bloody Mary's Restaurant and Bar: Every evening - daily catch from local fisherman

by holligolytly Written Nov 6, 2002

The atmosphere here is really cool and evidently a lot of celebs have visited Bloody Marys (they have a list out front). This is probably the most touristy thing to do in Bora Bora.

Favorite Dish: They make a great Mahi Mahi burger and fries. It's fun to just come sit at the bar and enjoy the atmosphere and a Hinano draft.

Instant Answers: Bora-Bora

Comments

Hotels Near Bloody Mary's
5.0 out of 5 stars