Fun things to do in Bora-Bora

Guides on the Boat Playing Music
    Sting Ray
    WWII Cannon

Most Viewed Things to Do in Bora-Bora

• Muya's Profile Photo

Tour of the island

by Muya Updated May 21, 2008

Only 38 square kilometres, a drive around the island hardly takes more than an hour or two (visits not included of course...).
    Rent a car, a buggy or a bike : Europe Car and numerous hotels will provide you with a map of the various places to see and their location on the island. I will develop the most interesting ones in the following tips.
    We started our tour at Europe Car (PK 22.4) and drove in an anticlockwise direction.

Road around Bora Bora

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Deep Ocean Spa

by Bilimari Written May 27, 2007

The spa is on the near by island. There's a free shuttle ferry service from Inter Continental Hotel.
    As you walk into the facility, the place gives you a very calming impression even before you check in. I went through 2 hours spa and full body massage. The massage table is over the glass floor where you can see tropical fish swimming around. After the session, you can relax even more at the tea room or try out steam room and pool.
    It's a bit pricey, but you are on vacation, and you know you worth it. ;)

Reservation is required. Bring your swim suits.

• sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Keishi private picnic

by sunnysarah Written Jun 17, 2006

This was the only tour we took while in Bora Bora. It cost $60,000 XPF for a private tour in outrigger boat, swim with rays and sharks, snorkelling, tour of island and gourmet BBQ picnic. We were picked up at 9:45 from our hotel and dropped off at 3:45. No doubt about it, we had a great time. The rays and sharks were amazing. The snorkelling to die for. The views of the beautiful water breathtaking. The food delicious! We started with tuna cru (raw tune "cooked" in lime juice and cocnut milk) and a fresh salad with fab sald dressing, the prawn skewers and lobster tail, the mahi mahi steak and beef stteak and potatoes, finished with fresh fruit , all washed down with champagne. It was a great thing to do for our honeymoon, and soemthing we will never forget.
    But there is no doubt in my mind that Pierrot and his company are making money hand over fist with the tour. THere is no way it is worth $600US for this picnic. My advice is, if you have so much money you cannot think of another way to dispose of it, do this picnic. If you have the choice of this one thing, or to do 3 or 4 other things instead...sometimes quantity is better. We really enjoyed our time, but it was pretty much our entire entertainment budget blown in 4 hours.

***Note added June 2006***
    My husband just read this tip and thought it was too pessimistic. I want to stresst hat we had a fabulous time on the picnic and it was the highlight of our trip. Pierrot was great, the food fabulous (if anyone can get the salad dressing recipe from him, I would love the details!) and we couldn't have asked for a better day. My point just was that it was awfully expensive.
    This trip was a huge splurge and the only reason it was possible was thru stand-by flights, hotel discount and a promise from the inlaws to chip in for the picnic (which never materialized)! It was a warning to others in the same sort of situation, not to people who can afford a trip like this every year.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Sit, Relax, and Enjoy the view

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

OK... so I know you look to these tips for things to keep you active, but I thought I would mention that it is very important to make your vacation a time to unwind and enjoy the scenery, preferably without moving at some points! With the overwater bungalows that are available in Bora Bora, I would highly recommend to schedule some time to just sit out back, read a good book and enjoy the sound of the ocean crashing gently into the supports of your bungalow!

No one will bother you here, the fish are not too loud, and the sun is still bright!

Bora Bora Overwater Bungalow View
    • Luxury Travel
    • Beaches

• keida84's Profile Photo

Sunrise on Bora Bora

by keida84 Updated Feb 27, 2005

When we landed in Bora Bora it was 6AM (06:00). Tired and jet lagged we departed the plane and headed for the boat that would take us to our hotel. As we stepped on board we noticed that the sun was beginning to rise. On the horizon was a perimeter of clouds so we could not tell where east or west was; it appeared the sun was rising up from all around us. I began digging for my camera when I felt my husband's hand on my arm. "No", he said gently, "some things are meant to be experienced, you will never capture this on film."

The water turned the deepest turquoise blue, the sky was a riot of yellow, pink, purple and blue. Mt Otemanu was green, black and purple in that early morning light as a lone bird circled high above its peak.

Phenomenal. Breath taking.

For one perfect moment everything stopped and the sun glided majestically into the sky.

Although I have no photographs of this sunrise I have the memory, and I think as I take my last breath in this world I will remember and become that sunrise.

Beyond your imagination
    • Beaches

• Muya's Profile Photo

Church

by Muya Updated Jun 6, 2008

Here is another church we came across while driving around the island.
    I don't know its name, but I thought I'd just mention it because it's worth having a look at.

Polynesian church

Hotel Bora Bora
Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort
Latest: Sep 2, 2010

Instant Answers: Bora-Bora

Comments

Bora-Bora Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Bora-Bora locals.
Map of Bora-Bora