Motu Activity, Bora-Bora

The hubs and I
  • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Bora Bora Motu Experience

by Usctwin Written Oct 15, 2012

My husband and I had a magical honeymoon on Bora Bora. While we had 7 unforgettable days, with activities including jet ski adventures, deep sea fishing and scuba diving, one of our favorite things to do was the Motu hangout. A boat picked us up at our hotel in the morning and took us to one of the best snorkeling spots where we got up close and personal with many varieties of fish. The water was amazingly clear and warm that it’s almost like taking a bath. We then headed off to swim with the sting rays, which we must say was electric! After, we were taken on a leisurely cruise around the island which ended up stopping on a private motu. Our captain prepared us the best meal that we had while on the island and we ate while he sang traditional Tahitian songs accompanied by his guitar. When we were finished eating, our captain continued to entertain us by showing us the many ways both men and women can wear Tahitian sarongs. He then gave us some time to relax on the private island that we had all to ourselves. It was one of the most incredible and romantic days we’ve ever had. I highly recommend booking this trip with Lagoon Service Bora Bora

The hubs and I On our private motu Learning traditional Tahitian sarong tying Our amazing food The boat dock
    • Sailing and Boating

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

A Motu Getaway

by Kakapo2 Written Jul 23, 2009

Before you roll down to Matira Point you have a great view of one of those motu getaways.

Whatever you think of the Sofitel hotel chain, they just have spectacular resorts.

This one is the Sofitel Motu Coralia.

Better you do not ask me for the tariffs… ;-)

The best tip I can give you: Start saving for your stay!

The Sofitel Motu Coralia.
    • Luxury Travel

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Head off to your own "Private" Motu

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

As you go around Bora Bora by boat, you will see many different smaller islands, or as the Tahitians call them, Motus. Most of these Motus are considered private islands, but I found it interesting that on a public tour, we visited the Bora Bora Nui's "private island" with several of the other resorts guests. I guess there is a very loose interpretation of what is considered private there! Anyway, these islands are great for a picnic, cookout, beach time or just sunning away from the resort atmosphere :)

Sarah hiding on a private island!

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Motu Picnic

by nicolettart Written Jun 10, 2003

You would expect to be dropped off by boat at the shore--but instead the boat leaves you in the lagoon, where you swim to shore. This is the fun part, because a strong current pulls you along the reef, where you see amazing sea life. I found myself trying to grasp a rock so I could slow down and admire the beauty!

When you arrive at the motu(small island) your picnic consists of local food: grilled fish and Poisson Cru, raw tuna marinated in lime juice and coconut milk.

Gauguin Painting