Bora-Bora Tourist Traps

• Tourist Traps
    by TemperatureWuss
    Zombies coming out of the History!
    by ATXtraveler

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Bora-Bora

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

"Archeological" Sites

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

Zombies coming out of the History!

I would be very skeptical of the map when it mentions Archeological Site, and you decide to drive yourself to these sites. There are NO signs from the road telling you where to stop, where to start looking for the site, and what you might find at these sites. In one situation we did pull over, found this under the road pathway, and then came to discover a pile of rocks behind a resort that did not really have any sort of marker. I guess you would pretend you were a zombie too if you wasted this much time trying to find sites that do not exist!

Fun Alternatives: If you are interested in the history of the island, take the 4x4 Island Safari tour!

• TemperatureWuss's Profile Photo

Dive - Only if you like crowds

by TemperatureWuss Written Oct 14, 2005

If I were to go back to French Polynesia again, I would not go to Bora Bora. I am glad I visited there once, but I was unimpressed. Yes, it was beautiful, but it was overused. The diving was no fun, because there were just too many people in one place. There were at least 5 dive boats and a submarine all in one location when we dove. Little kids, who were not even on the same dive boat as we were, were kicking me in the head to get a better look at things. The dive company had a videographer on the trip, who would not allow anyone close enough to the interesting stuff to take our own photos. Guess he wanted to sell up his.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches
    • Water Sports

Instant Answers: Bora-Bora

Comments

Bora-Bora Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Bora-Bora tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bora-Bora sightseeing.