Moorea Restaurants

• Restaurants
    Cold Hinano beer, too!

Most Recent Restaurants in Moorea

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Chez Luciano's: Can't Go Wrong with Pizza in Moorea!

Chez Luciano

Although this is one of the last restaurants that we went to while we are on Moorea, I wrote this tip first because when you visit you will notice just how many pizza restaurants there are. It seems to be the national food of Moorea! Although we did not try all of the Pizza places, we did stop in at Chez Luciano for a great piece of Pizza Pie!

While by most accounts I would call this pizza average at best, the staff at Chez Luciano makes you feel very welcome, including the chef himself making dead cat noises and wearing crazy masks while scaring local video renters!

Favorite Dish: The bleu cheese pizza was excellent, as was the ham and cheese pizza.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Te Honu Iti or "Chez Rodger": The Restaurant with Two Names!

Te Honu Iti

As we sat in the lobby of our hotel room waiting for "pickup" which you will learn is the key to dining in Moorea, another couple which we had transported with a night before was sitting there waiting for their ride. We conversed again, and they mentioned going to Chez Rodger, the place named "Best on the Island" by many people. I replied... well I think we are going to Te Honu Iti, which I am pretty sure is well documented as "Best on the Island"... so we will have to compare notes! Sure enough when the restaurant van pulled up, we jumped in as he said Te Honu Iti, yet he was waiting for another couple... after 2 minutes of waiting, he called out "Anyone for Chez Rodger"? We all had a chuckle.

When you arrive at the restaurant, the first thing you want to do is ask for a bay view. The restaurant overlooks Cook's Bay, so go around sunset for a stunning early dinner. If you are not an early eater, make sure you show up around 7:30 then, when the scraps for the tables are sent out to the large stingrays hanging out just outside the window!

Favorite Dish: I had the veal chop which was delicious and pictured here below. The Bernaise sauce that came with it may have been one of the best sauces I have had, and I am a very saucy kind of guy!

• Wine Tasting

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Le Mahogany: Best Dish in a Moorean Restaurant!

Le Mahogany Curried Shrimp

Please heed this warning now!

As many of you know, I go 6'3 and 300 lbs, so I know good food when I taste it. I also enjoy a good bit of spice, as I see no point in eating bland food. I know what good food is!

If you are a true "foodie" skip over everything else on the menu at Le Mahogany and go straight for the curried shrimp here. It truly is the best meal I had on the island, bar none. It had just enough curry to leave your mouth salivating, but just enough coconut to keep you coming back for more.

The service was a tad slow, and the staff was not as friendly as other places we ate, but I would sacrifice that all again to have more curried shrimp here!

Hilton Moorea creperie: Dinner with a shark show

by lizscoular Written Mar 21, 2011

This creperie is located at the Hilton, at the bar nestled in the overwater bungalows. At 6 the bar turns into a creperie, with both sweet and savory crepes. We had dinner here one night and really enjoyed the crepes. And for Tahiti, they are reasonably priced!

When it gets dark, reef tipped sharks come and swim under the bar. The Hilton has lit up the piers under the deck and you can get quite a good view of the sharks!

• Diving and Snorkeling

• lizscoular's Profile Photo

Chez Jean-Pierre: Cantonese with a view!

by lizscoular Written Mar 21, 2011
    View from restaurant

This restaurant is located on Cook's Bay, and has great views of the bay. We ate here for lunch - it's a very simple place, serving Cantonese food and poisson cru. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. We sat in the back of the restaurant, towards the bay, right by the big open door looking out onto the bay.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Snack Rotui: An inexpensive lunch alternative

by lizscoular Updated Mar 7, 2011
    View from snack shack!

This snack shop is located on scenic Cook's Bay. They offer panini's, Chinese plate lunches, shrimp, eggrolls - quite an eclectic mix! The views are great and the food is pretty good, and at a great price (for Tahiti)! They have picnic tables set up, or you can get it to go. No beer sold here, and the opening hours are very flexible! Just stop in when you see it's open!!

Kaveka: Fun lunch stop

by lizscoular Written Mar 7, 2011
    Cold Hinano beer, too!

This restaurant, located in the Hotel Kaveka, is a casual spot with a great view of Cook's Bay. We ate there twice for lunch, because of the great mahi-mahi burgers - rumored to be the best on the island! Very pleasant place to get out of the sun and while away an hour or two!

• lizscoular's Profile Photo

Te Honu Iti (Chez Roger): Upscale dining experience!

by lizscoular Written Mar 7, 2011
    Cute interior

This was our favorite restaurant on the island. The service was outstanding; our server was very French and very warm, with a great sense of humor. I had the steak topped with foie gras - amazing! Our bottle of wine was also very good, and not as expensive as at some other stops.

We ate here on our anniversary, and were not disappointed - they made us feel very special!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Hotel Kaveka: Hotel Kaveka

by malianrob Updated Jun 8, 2010

We talked to some new friends we met who seemed to rave about this restaurant, They said its on the pier. One of the only piers they have out here. They said the food was excellent and inexpensive. It sounded nice so we booked it through our hotel activity desk. The restaurant sends a shuttle out to get us and takes us to the restaurant.
    Turns out this is a hotel, restaurant, bar. Its not fancy at all but nice. Also quite a few locals here. Its casual attire and the food was not as pricey as everywhere else. The restaurant is not on the pier but they is a pier that is right next to the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The food here is French Chinese Tahitain cuisine. The food was not great but it was good. I got the sweet and sour pork which I dont recommend. Rob got some fish which he thought was very good. Our friends also loved their meal. It was great to get out of our hotel and go somewhere new. After dinner we walked off our food along the pier and the restaurant drove us back to our hotel.
    When we came there wasnt any entertainment but I found out that on Tuesday friday, and Saturday nights they have live traditional band.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Te Honu Iti: Te Honu Iti

by malianrob Updated Jun 8, 2010

One of the things that i didnt know about until we were ata the hotel for a couple of days was that local restaurants will pick you up from your hotel for free and take you to their restaurant and bring you back when you are done eatting. I thought this was great because there arent any taxi's on the island or buses and unless you rent a car you will be stuck at the hotel for all your meals. The island is small but walking around at night is discouraged and the nearest restaurants can be quite a walk.
    So we met some friends at the pool and they saud that they made reservations for this place and that the shuttle picks us up and at 8pm they feed the sting rays or manta rays or whatever they are.
    We made reservations too and it was great.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak medallion with wine sauce and potatoes with veggies. It was so delicious. It was by far the best food I had on the island and it was cheaper than eatting at the hotel. Rob had some sort of sea food. I think it was Mahi Mahi and he loved it. At 8pm someone walked down the staires and started feed the rays and the fish right there.
    The restaurant is in Cooks Bay right on the water. It was very romantic, quiet, the service was good, and the food was excellent.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Aito Restaurant: Eat on the Beach

by BigBlueOne Written Aug 1, 2009

Aito is a very good restaurant that also just happened to be within walking distance of our hotel (Hilton Moorea). Its unique because they have a variety of different seating options including right on the beach. We didn't try it, but they also have a bouillabaisse that is supposed to be very good (order 24 hours in advance).

Favorite Dish: I had a mako steak with garlic and butter sauce. It was very good, cooked just right with a great flavor.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Honu Iti: Dinner And A Show!!!!

by BigBlueOne Written Jul 22, 2009

My wife and I went here one night to avoid the luau that was being held at our resort (we're not anti-social, its just that it was our first day there and we'd spent many an hour on planes and in airports).
    The restaurant itself is situated directly on the bay, which led to the 'show' aspect of the title I gave this tip... there were about 7 sting rays that apparently come by the restaurant every night for dinner, so we got a show to go with our meal.
    The chef is a sous chef, direct from France (a few years back), and the food was very well prepared.

Favorite Dish: I had the rack of lamb (probably the best I've had) and my wife had the filet (very good but not cooked to her liking- she likes everything crisp to the point of being 'charcoal-like')

• Alfredo's: Unpleasant experience

by TahitiHoneymooner Written Sep 14, 2008

I had some unpleasant experience at Alfredo's during my honeymoon trip.

I happened to be careless enough to forget my wallet in the restaurant after paying my bill. When I realized this after returning to hotel, I called the restaurant and was told that they did find it on my table and would send it to me immediately. They did send it back very soon, for which I have to thank them. However, after examining my wallet, I felt kind of being cheated - they took part of my money away and played tricks to pretend they didn't:

I had 6 $100 bills in my wallet, they took 1, and put the bills back as if they never touched it; I had three 10000XFP bills, one 5000XFP bills and several 1000XFP bills, they took the 5000XFP one, and put the bills back as if they never touched it.

It's subtle, isn't it? Had I not examined money in my wallet, probably I would never notice this.

Alfredo's, I don't know if it was the first time you did this - coz you were so skillful. I would never return to this dishonest restaurant.

• Rudy's Fine Steaks & Seafood: Luck is so important in dining...

by mmaill01 Updated Feb 24, 2008

Picked this place for dinner the last day on Moorea purely by proximity to where we were staying. It is recently opened (we were there November 2007). Service was wonderful and the food even better. Best fish I've ever had anywhere. Small place that probably seats 50.

Favorite Dish: I don't even like fish and I had the day's special, crab-stuffed parrot fish. It was sublime.

• Seniors

• Muya's Profile Photo

Supermarket at the Petit Village

by Muya Written Aug 2, 2007

Mango juice

In the small supermarket of Le Petit Village, you will find fresh sandwiches (the one with turkey was very tasty !).
    A cheap alternative to the expensive restaurants of the area.
    We also bought a couple of juice cans to drink with it. Mango juice really was my favourite !

Instant Answers: Moorea

Comments

Moorea Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moorea restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moorea sightseeing.