Moorea Restaurants

Cold Hinano beer, too!

Most Recent Restaurants in Moorea

The Lagoonarium

No comment !

Grilled fish with rice and salad, slices of pineapple for desert, all this in a paradisiacal setting. The bell rings when your dinner's ready :-)
    Very good ! In the shade of a fare or on a bench under the trees, with unbeatable view on the lagoon.
    Relatively expensive, but you can also bring your own food and drink.

The Blue Pineapple

Blue Pineapple

Beach snack bar-restaurant of Club Bali Hai.
    A few plastic tables under a thatched roof, with a fantastic view on Cook's Bay.
    We had two burgers with fries and the inevitable Hinano beer.
    A magical moment contemplating that marvellous surrounding landscape.

La Polynesienne Tea Room

Tea room

A refreshing ice cream in the afternoon... a real blessing ! They also have pancakes but they had run out of it when we went, so we only tried ice cream.

A few tables inside and a few others outside, with our feet in the sand.

The Mayflower

by Muya Updated Aug 2, 2007

Strawberry delight

Incredibly delicious food ! Fine cuisine the French way, and of course very expensive...
    I had an apricot kir, crayfish ravioli (ravioles de langoustes) and a strawberry slice with hazelnut thin sweet cookies as a desert (feuilleté aux fraises et tuiles aux noisettes)...that make me hungry when I even think about it :-)) My husband had a blackcurrant kir, Mahi mahi fish with crayfish sauce and an ananas split (the pineapple version of the banana split)
    A good address but for well-furnished wallets only :-)

Le Patio

by Muya Written Aug 1, 2007

Mahi mahi with vanilla sauce

A nice atmosphere. We went there on our first evening in Moorea.
    Happy hour for cocktails, the second one was for free, so......:-)

Favorite Dish: We had grilled mahi mahi fish with vanilla sauce... a GREAT experience for me (but it is kind of sweet, so you gotta like that flavour...)

The Sunset

by Muya Updated Aug 1, 2007

View from the beach : The Sunset at sunset :-)

A marvellous setting for a romantic dinner. Part of the tables are set outside, overlooking the beach and the sea, the other tables wait for you under a thatched roof.
    Very tasty food except for the spaghetti bolognese. We tried their home-made croque-monsieur on our first day as an "in-between meal" around 2 o'clock. Although quite different from those we get at home, I really liked the taste of it, simply ham and cheese but with a particular flavour. My favourite dish was the tuna and mahi-mahi plate with shrimp sauce. The pizza too was very good actually (same kind of flavour as the croque-monsieur).
    Breakfast consisted in croissant and French baguette with jam (very good !) and little slices of grilled bread tasting like biscottes (not so good). A coffe or tea pot and a large orange juice...but no pineapple juice, which is quite strange when you know that pineapple is the main production of Moorea... And no fruits neither, which is a bit disappointing for a tropical island. But on the whole, breakfast was satisfactory :-) Besides, this is the breakfast that goes with the room, so maybe it is a bit different for outside customers.

• MLW20's Profile Photo

Le Mahogany: Awesome restaurant

by MLW20 Written Jun 27, 2006

This restaurant was quiet asides from a couple of others eating there. It had high recommendations however. The service was excellent and the food was even better. The waiter may have just arrived from France.

Free pickup and return to your hotel is also offered.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak which had a creamy cheese sauce on it. It was one of the better steaks I've had. From what I recall the dessert was also really good.

My wife had a salmon dish with coconut cream sauce which she really enjoyed. It was very rich.

• Spa and Resort

• Le Mayflower: Lobster ravioli and more

by dao9 Updated Mar 23, 2006

While on Moorea, we ate at Le Mayflower twice because we loved it so much. Everything we had was fresh, delicious and served by an impeccable wait staff. Casual elegance with a nautical flair, this restaurant was a real treat to find.

Favorite Dish: The lobster ravioli is their speciality and it was utterly delicious! Their poisson cru was also excellent.

Te Honu Iti AKA Chez Roger: A Little Too Expensive, but Good Food

Me at Te Honu Iti

This restaurant had a nice atmosphere with its deck out on the water where they would feed manta rays that would swim by. We had a table right on the edge where we had a view of the manta rays. They had a set feeding time, but we could also feed them crumbs from our bread to lure them to us.

However, we thought the value here wasn't as good as some other places because it was more expensive, but about the same quality food as Le Mahogany or La Plantation (and I didn't like my meal as much as either of those, but I don't think I made the best choice - it was shrimp & seafood in a sauce).

Favorite Dish: I had shrimp & seafood in a tasty sauce which was definitely good compared to usual eating standards, but not the best I had in Moorea!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Le Mahogany: Wow - Excellent Cuisine!

The Sign!

Mark and I thought this was the best food we ate while on Moorea! The service was good for us, but we heard it could get pretty slow when it got busier, so if you go, try to get there early!

It is closed on Wednesday and opened every other day from 11am - 2:30pm and 6pm-9:30pm.

Main dinner courses are anywhere from about $15-$35.

Mastercard and Visa are accepted.

Favorite Dish: I had a very yummy puff pastry with shrimp & scallops and a tasty creamy sauce and Mark had a shrimp dish in curry sauce that was SOOO good!

They also have a nice selection of Chinese food on the menu, but we didn't try it. We heard it was great, too, though!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

La Plantation: Friendly People and Yummy Food!

Me in La Plantation

Mark and I really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was very good, but they really stood out as having great, friendly service. The waitress chatted with us and the hostess was bringing around flower leis for us to put on and she took a picture for us.

There was bread brought out as an appetizer and the food came out pretty quickly (although it wasn't busy when we were there). We had a nice seat outside, but on a deck. There was lots of nice seating both inside and outside the restaurant with all the windows opened.

If you only had one night to choose a place to eat in town, I would recommend this restaurant!

Favorite Dish: I had a fun dish that had king fish and sword fish braided together with a yummy, creamy sauce. It was very tasty! We also had a nice dessert that was called something like Three Chocolates.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

La Plantation: Best Service on Moorea!

by ATXtraveler Written Apr 21, 2005

La Plantation

If you only have one night in Moorea, you are missing out on some delicious restaurants. But if you have to make a decision on where you will choose to eat your only meal, I would make it La Plantation. While I thought that the food itself at Le Mahogany was slightly better, the service at La Plantation is second to none.

Sarah and I tend to eat a little earlier in the evening, so that we miss the crowds and really get better service and the best tasting cuts of meat from the restaurant, and this was no exception. I had a wonderful steak with a rich French Mushroom sauce, and Sarah enjoyed a Kingfish/Mahi Mahi braid of seafood. The owner of the restaurant, and two waiters were there to service our every need, and uncommon of the other restaurants, our water was always full.

In addition, our waitress was very friendly and wanted to practice her English, which she was already quite good at! All around, I would rate this a 9 out of 10 as the best place we had on the island.

• Wine Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Friendly restaurants

by aussirose Updated Apr 18, 2005

Moorea Restaurant

We went to a restaurant in Moorea. (Forgotten the name of it). The reason why I mentioned it is that they served the entrees at the same time as the main meal. We had a good laugh, but the food was great.

• beaverk's Profile Photo

Linareva: Floating restaurant with excellent seafood

by beaverk Written Mar 1, 2005

This is a gem in a paradise. A restaurant on a yacht, sits only about 40 people max. The food, the wine, the services, the music and dancing, the fresh Tahitian seafood...why did I ever leave Moorea!!!???

Favorite Dish: All the fish dishes are excellent. The food has an heavy French flavor to it. Which is a great thing!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Spa and Resort

• easyoar's Profile Photo

Les Tipaniers: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by easyoar Written Dec 29, 2004

Fresh Fish

Les Tipaniers is a restaurant bolted on to a hotel of the same name. They do excellent fresh fish - a Polynesian speciality. The Polynesian deserts are great too with fresh fruit cooked in various ways.

By Polynesian standards the prices are quite reasonable too.

Service was very friendly, but we did find we had to wait a long time to be served.

Favorite Dish: Fresh Fish!

• Water Sports
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Moorea

Comments

Moorea Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moorea restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moorea sightseeing.