Moorea Sports & Outdoors

by easyoar

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Moorea

Temae Beach - Convenient Beach Access

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 19, 2014

We stayed on the island of Tahiti Nui and was planning a day excursion to Moorea. The fast ferry takes about 25-30 minutes to get there. So, in my research I found there is public beach access by the Hotel Sofitel Ia Ora on Moorea. From the hotel or the public dirt road at the north end of the beach marked with a sign saying "plage" (meaning beach). Public toilets and showers will be on your right side.

I was planning to post my review after our trip to Tahiti in 2014 but didn't quite make it to Moorea after all.

Equipment: We will bring our own snorkel equipment

Sunscreen
    Clothes

• Adventure Travel

Kayak Rental

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 19, 2014

Hotel Les Tipaniers has kayak rentals available. They seem to rent many more things as well including, but not limited to, mountain bikes, scooters, cars, jet skis, snorkeling equipment and paddle boards.

I was hoping to post my review after our trip to Tahiti in 2014 but didn't quite make it to Moorea.

• Sailing and Boating

Faimano Beach

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 19, 2014

Located in front of the Village Faimano. Not many tourists (is what I read) due to it's accessibility. Shaded by tress and excellent for swimming and snorkeling. Located right between Moorea's two famous bays, Opunohu and Cook's. No public facilities are there but you can usually use the hotel's if you ask. Access via the Moorea Lagoon Hotel at PK 14.5 and park in their lot.

I was planning to check out Moorea but it did not work out on our trip to Tahiti in 2014.

• Adventure Travel

• easyoar's Profile Photo

Borrow canoes for free at the Lagoonarium

by easyoar Updated Apr 22, 2005

Once you had paid to visit the Lagoonarium, it was free to use most of the facilities there. This made it incredibly good value in French Polynesia, where everything seems to be at rip-off prices.

These boats are very easy to steer and hard to capsize and great fun. But be careful you don't burn too much. I appear to be wearing a lot of clothing in this picture, and it wasn't because it was cold! I had just started to burn with all the sun reflecting off the water!

When I tried to go all the way around the Lagoonarium in this, the wind got so strong on one side of the island that I ended up turning back as I reckon I would have otherwise capsized or been blown into the rocks! So take care.

Yellow canoe at the Laggonarium
    • Kayaking
    • Water Sports

Instant Answers: Moorea

Comments

Moorea Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Moorea sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moorea sightseeing.