Surfing the Marshalls
Well having gone to University in Southern California and living near the beach I am always looking (like many who surf) that little secret spot with totally new conditions -- well- the Marshalls have their share for sure.
One thing I always enjoy surfing is the Bikini. You to right? well here you can surf Bikini the real place where the suit was name for. Why you may ask well they were both very hot items in 1947 one because of an atomic bomb the other because of the small number of mmers of cloth.
Here is a 4 min video of surfing the Marshalls an example of the Surfers love to find new "secret spots" where new conditions exist.
I loved this quote I read in surfing Magazine --"Surf Arno, Fully private, fun waves all to yourself. It is better than porno!” Sounds like a surfer -- Arno is an ecoresort 9 miles over open water and Arno has over 175 miles of outer reef, much of which is still unexplored by surfers. So go find your own secret spot I have my spot and will never tell.
to arrange a charter maybe the very best way to surf the Marshalls call Marshalls Island Adventures 625-3483, I am sure their are others you can ask Visit Marshall Islands they are very helpful.
Equipment: You will need to have your own board limited number for rent on the IslandsRelated to:
- Diving and Snorkeling
Dive Bikini in a bikini
Diving in the Marshall Islands is like diving in an underwater theme park a sort of Disneyland of diving without any lines. It is so amazing you keep pinching yourself and asking. Is this real or is it fantasy where in the heck is Mickey this can not be real. Well it is real.
I think my favorites spot to dive is Bikini atoll you know just like in the science fiction movies cold blooded animals just get bigger after an atomic bomb or 2 and 40 years left alone helped as well.
Anyway the world agrees because Skin Diver magazine declared Bikini Atoll a top five dive spot and in 1997 Conde Nast Traveller magazine gave Bikini a top ten.
The reef amazing but it also is one of the best wreck diving – you always wanted to see what an atomic bomb could do to a ship an aircraft carrier well you can find out in the Bikini lagoon. If on the other hand you want to know what the atomic bomb does to the people of Bikini you can read the story of Regina Niedenthal a native of Bikini and the wife of the dive master Jack
Videos --Diving in Bikini part 1 Diving in Bikini part 2 shark diving Bikini
Equipment: Dive bikini provides everything
Tourism Operations Manager for
the Bikini Atoll Local Government
PO Box 1096
Majuro, MH 96960Related to:
- Diving and Snorkeling
- Sailing and Boating
Sport fishing is about as good as it gets in the Pacific are is second to none in the Pacific. The Marshall Islands offers lots of opportunities from walking along the beach and just joining some locals on the way out to fish to world class Blue Marlin fishing. With almost a million square miles of ocean lots of chances. One can try your hand at lagoons, on the reef flats fishing with the local kids always fun with lots of photo ops. Open ocean all sort fly, jigging bottom or casting Or , and in the open ocean. Anglers can enjoy flyfishing, jigging and bottom fishing, trolling, casting/whipping, and more. The wind and sea conditions are best fishing is from May through October
Equipment: Charter Boats are easy to find and range from 20 feet to over 50 here are a few.
The largest is Marshalls Diving adventure all provide all equipment.
• Lemweio (25 ft Yamaha flat bottom) call John or Jenny at 625-2727
• Blue Bird (21 ft fiberglass) call Clyde Heine at 625-3369
• Mylanda (28 ft fiberglass Yamaha) call Clyde Heine at 625-3369
• Kirtake (37 ft Navy hull) call Marshalls Dive Adventures at 625-3483 or 625-3250
• XXXX (37 ft Navy hull) call Marshalls Dive Adventures at 625-3483 or 625-3250
• Jinekjij (26 ft Yamaha) call Marshalls Dive Adventures at 625-3483 or 625-3250
• MIMA (22 ft fiberglass) call Marshalls Dive Adventures at 625-3483 or 625-3250
• MEC Brits Too (22 ft Islander) call MEC at 625-3827/625-3828
• Uzie Q (26 ft Rinker) call Ken Kramer at 625-3122/625-0222
• Tees (20 ft Bayliner) call Dennis Reeder at 625-3602 or Melvin Aliven at 625-2626
• Lady Lu (45 ft Scarab) call James Bing at 625-3133/625-2447/247-8891/625-0723
• Ky-Lynne II (22 ft Yamaha) call Lazarus Andrike at 625-3174/625-3680/625-0603
• Dragon (24 ft Yamaha) call Rudy Aliven at 625-2626
• Loraine (35 ft Bertram) Call Kenneth Kramer at 625-3122/625-0222
• Myoyo (23 ft fiberglass V-bottom) Call Nika at 625-0389
• Carmen (45 ft Ketch) call Mike McGee at 625-2445
• Wildfire Charters call 625-1796, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit website
- Diving and Snorkeling
Marshall Islands Hotels
P.O. Box 3279, (formerly Outrigger Marshall Islands Resort), Majuro, 96960, Marshall Islands
Good for: Solo
Got a question about Marshall Islands? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers
Have you been to Marshall Islands? Write about Marshall Islands to help travelers.
Top Marshall Islands Hotels
- Majuro Hotels
- 1 Hotel
Explore the World
- Little Talbot Island State Park Hotels
- Greenwood Hotels
- Washington State
- Shasta Lake Hotels
- Raleigh Hotels
- Kuta Hotels
- Bukit Mertajam
- Hornsby Hotels
- Derry/Londonderry Hotels
- Batangas City
- Daman Hotels
- Bellevue Hotels