Related Nauru Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Nauru

• glenn57's Profile Photo

Nauru from the Air

by glenn57 Updated May 17, 2007

Favorite thing: The best thing about Nauru is its friendly and generous people. Everytime anyone passed me in a car as I walked around the island, they stopped and offered me a ride. One woman even offered me free use of her minivan during my entire stay ! I refused, but had to refuse 5 times before she took no for an answer !

• Josh_Melanie's Profile Photo

Hmmmmm....what to say about...

by Josh_Melanie Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Hmmmmm....what to say about Nauru island...It was only by accident that I discovered this pathetic little dot on the map. If I had not been travelling to Guam from Sydney I would never have even known it existed. I don't have a very high opinion of this island although I can honestly say I didn't spend too long here (I have had 3 layovers here). If you absolutely must go to Nauru island, be sure to stay at the other motel (I am sorry but I can't remember the name...
    there are only two so it shouldn't be too hard to fgure out). At first I was travelling on my own and had never been out of Australia so I wasn't sure what to do. When everyone got off the plane on Nauru, they all went to the Menen hotel for their layover, and not wanting to get lost from my group, I followed. The Menen was the worst hotel I have ever come across. It was very modern but they charged around $80 for a night and had no double rooms to offer when my husband and I went together (we still weren't sure about the other hotel and didn't want to stray from the group) so we ended up staying in a room with two single beds
    and I ended up sleeping in his ben anyway because my bed has ants in it, needless to say we discovered the other hotel on our return journey to Guam. The other hotel was only $40 a night and had the most comfortable queen size bed I had ever slept in. It wasn't as fancy but it was a lot more comfortable 9and affordable). The whole island is very small and has sharp coral things sticking out of the water so you can't even swim, and it gets HOT there! If you still want to go to Nauru, maybe you should have a return flight booked for a couple of days after you arrive incase you do not wish to stay. You could see the whole of this island in less than a day anyway (walking).

Instant Answers: Nauru

Comments

Nauru Favorites

Reviews and photos of Nauru favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nauru sightseeing.
Map of Nauru