4.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Shed 22, Princes Wharf, Quay St, Auckland Central 09 - 309 9866

• Across from Euro. A piece of yacht racing history.
    Across from Euro. A piece of yacht...
    by JHarris88
    by kiwi
  • JHarris88's Profile Photo

Euro Bar and Restaraunt: Oh Euro... How I miss you...

by JHarris88 Written Mar 29, 2012
    Across from Euro. A piece of yacht racing history.

Euro is usually the first place on my list of things to do when returning to Auckland, which isn't often enough.

The food and service is consistently excellent, plus the wine list is great (try the 13 pinot noir if they have any left).

Lots of places have come and gone since I lived there 8 years ago, but Euro is still the shiznit.

• Wine Tasting

• kiwi's Profile Photo

Euro Bar: Top of the range, Euro Bar.

by kiwi Written May 26, 2004

Euro Bar, Auckland

This place comes highly rated, and highly priced so we did have high expectations. The ambience was a little flat with an empty restaurant but it sure warmed up when people began to arrive.
    Waiting staff were friendly and nice, however the Maitré de was very disappointing. No eye contact, it took an age to notice we were there, and no personal touch. I'd sack him!
    He was not friendly, nor was he alert to what was happening, and for a restaurant of this quality, that was just not good enough.
    The food was well presented, a nice selection. My meat wasn't mouth watering, but the sauce was very tasty and interesting.
    I found good and bad points here, and I'd return to give it another go for sure. Special occassion place, we were surrounded though by business groups, I guess on expense accounts.

Favorite Dish: The icecream and sorbet dessert was to die for!!! So scrumptious I could have eaten three of these and not bothered with a meat and vegetable dish!!

Instant Answers: Auckland

Comments

Hotels Near Euro Bar
3.0 out of 5 stars