Know about this? Rate It!
Buses round the island
Although infrequent, there is a great bus network serving part of the island (note that in much of the eastern part not all the roads have been sealed, hence no bus service). All buses converge on the foot passenger ferry at Matiatia and pass through Oneroa. From there, points served are basically Ostend/Blackpool: Rocky Bay/Palm Beach: Onetangi. NZ$1.80 will cover Zone 1 (Oneroa) up to NZ$3.70 for Zone 3. You can get a full day pass as well.
The Fullers buses run around the island very regularly, and of course they meet all Ferry sailings to pick people up.
You don't have to stand at a bus stop on the Island for long before one comes along. They weave their way around all the popular spots, and residential areas.
- Arts and Culture
- Adventure Travel
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Photos and direct prices!
- Splendia.com Luxury and character hotels. Direct prices from the hotel. Book online!
Waiheke Island Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Botany Bay Island Hotels
- Enez Hotels
- South Harpswell Hotels
- Marinduque Hotels
- Tiel Transportation
- Esbjerg Transportation
- Borobudur Transportation
- Europe Transportation
- Pyramids of Giza Transportation
- Yogyakarta Special Region Transportation
- Nîmes Transportation
- Dominican Republic Transportation
- Providenciales Island Transportation
- Puerto Natales Transportation
- Tromsø Transportation
- Kunming Transportation