Waiwera Travel Guide

Thermal baths
    by didgeridorien
  • The view from Wenderholm across to the Puhoi River
    The view from Wenderholm across to the...
    by kiwigal_1
    The lounge especially for guests
    by kiwigal_1

Waiwera Things to Do

• by edotcommers Updated Jan 1, 2012

The waterslides at Waiwera Thermal Resort were so special that I will NEVER forget so long as I may try. Reason being, In May 2009 I rocketed out of a tunnel to the bottom of a shallow pool only to absorb all impact with my leg, which didn't come out so well from that. I now have 2 plates and 9 screws permanently imbedded in my leg, and a reconstructed knee. A former marathoner runner, I will never run again.
    Waiwera management thought it to be a reasonable level of risk!?!
    For all that defend this place, there are people called engineers whom design slides SAFELY! I grew up going down a plethora of them in Wild Mountain and Wisconsin dells, google it! NO amount of injury this severe is EVER reasonable! And there are also things known as regulations to protect people, where they come into play here, I don't know. Obviously the public protection regulations NZ has were a catastrophic failure in concern to Waiwera injuries, which there have been a plethora of! So long as the public dishes out the cost of the medical expenses via ACC, Waiwera will never be held accountable and the public will continue to be at an unanticipated massive risk!

• Water Sports

• by KatieR2 Updated Oct 23, 2010

It is filthy, dated and the adults pools were closed. The changing rooms and toilets were unusable and there was no private space to change. It was completely unacceptable. If you love the spa experience, it is worth the drive to Rotorua.
    It is $26, and I wouldn't use it for free.

• didgeridorien's Profile Photo

by didgeridorien Written Mar 15, 2006

This is a thermal spa resort. Maori used to travel here to heal themselves. It's nice to go here for a couple of hours and relax in the warm waters or go down the fun slides they've got here. It costs $22.00 to get in.

Thermal baths
    • Theme Park Trips

Waiwera Warnings and Dangers

• by edotcommers Written Jan 1, 2012

Waiwera management thought it to be a reasonable level of risk!?!

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: Waiwera

Comments

Waiwera Travel Guide
Map of Waiwera